Downside to getting Droid @ Bestbuy?

sir

Reaction score
i would have gone to best buy, but i was on AT&T and just wanted to go right to the source and make sure everything got done properly.

it was funny to watch them press the "submit" button to send apple a termination and number port request, and to see my iPhone go to "No Service" within 1 minute.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Ok, so I intend on buying a Moto Droid today. I'm currently a Verizon Wireless subscriber and am eligible for an "early" upgrade, meaning I am not eligible for the New Every Two $100 credit. What is the best price I can get and from where?

I was in the same boat (eligible for early upgrade, not NE2), and I called verizon to see if it mattered where I bought. They said no - but to be sure of your early upgrade status before I went 3rd party.

I tried to pick it up at Best Buy (instant rebate) - but their system was not able to handle the early upgrade....So i went to the VZW store, and paid 299+20 (early upgrade fee) + tax. Total was $340 or so. ($100 coming back in rebate).

If this had been a low demand device, I would have pressed for an instant discount (instead of rebate) and tried to get them to wave the early upgrade fee...since it was not = early adopter tax.

I'm sure you can do better, but not sure by how much.

ChasHutch

Reaction score
I have been very happy with the service from Best Buy BUT the my local VZW store is great too. I got mine from the VZW store because it is closer than BB. The one thing I did NOT think of is going to Best Buy because of my reward zone membership. This has always been a good deal for me as I get all my electronics there and the cash coupons come in handy around the holidays.

Just my thoughts.
Hutch

tnhockey

Reaction score
i actually work at a best buy and the mobile guys at our store are awesome. they know their stuff and they can do anything that the verizon store can do. i wouldnt say that theres really an advantage or disadvantage by going to best buy or straight to verizon. but for those on the fence im confident in saying if you decide on best buy you wont have any problems.

reggin

Reaction score
FWIW, and I don't know if true or not, but the VZW rep told me that buying from BB doesn't give a 12 month warranty on the phone.

Can someone chime in on that?

struong57

Reaction score
i actually work at a best buy and the mobile guys at our store are awesome. they know their stuff and they can do anything that the verizon store can do. i wouldnt say that theres really an advantage or disadvantage by going to best buy or straight to verizon. but for those on the fence im confident in saying if you decide on best buy you wont have any problems.

Is it true that Best Buy and Sears offer an instant rebate, opposed to Verizon store with a mail-in rebate? I'd prefer instant over mail-in.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
lol all u guys got them at a good price =]..but i think i got it better lol

mostly verizons mistake...i tried orderin mine online but i couldnt so i called them and the did the instant rebate leaving it at 199..but they accidently forgot to take out the mail in rebate from my box so total comes to 99...life is great =]