DOWNLOADS ISSUE

JDH

Reaction score
I can no longer delete items from "downloads". I just get a message saying can not delete some files. I could always long press a download file and hit the delete, gone
Anyone else?

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I am not rooted. I went to apps and cleared cache and data from downloads, turned phone off for a few minutes, back on and all goes are deleted. Next time I download something I will upstate

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like your phone needed a breather...its not as important as it was a few years ago..but every few days you should reboot your phone.. Clear the cache through recovery every month or so...

If you just took the update for 5.1..your device could be settling in...

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Roger that, haven't been turning off on a regular basis. Will do better.

Wynnded

Reaction score
Sounds like your phone needed a breather...its not as important as it was a few years ago..but every few days you should reboot your phone.. Clear the cache through recovery every month or so...

If you just took the update for 5.1..your device could be settling in...
Why would this be? Prior to taking the L update, I hadn't rebooted my device in 2380 hours, according to the stat in About Phone. I wasn't having any lags or wonkiness. I actually found that "back in the day" it made a difference.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I did the cache wipe, see if any diff next time I download.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Dumb question . If you delete pictures out of the download folder are they deleted from the phone ?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dumb question . If you delete pictures out of the download folder are they deleted from the phone ?
If they get deleted from downloads that does delete them from the phone but they might still be available having used some backup software. The download folder doesn't usually sync with cloud services.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Why would this be? Prior to taking the L update, I hadn't rebooted my device in 2380 hours, according to the stat in About Phone. I wasn't having any lags or wonkiness. I actually found that "back in the day" it made a difference.
Well..with just taking 5.1 and all of our apps now being art instead of delvic ..it for sure has made some clutter.

You must be like me..keep your device free of clutter..but its just kind of a "how it is" thing with electronic equipment..my studio, my phone, my latop all seem to run better after being rebooted . in my experience anyhow.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I refuse to treat my phone like a Windows Computer. :D

(Although I know it does help)