Can't Download Froyo - Disk Full

Bailers

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having trouble downloading the update for my X and I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm getting a message saying there isn't enough space to download the file, but my card and internal memory have plenty - 13 GB on my card and 6 on my phone. The file is only about 67 megs, so I'm kinda at a loss for what the problem is. I've tried deleting some files in Astro (even deleted one that is 87 megs and didn't help) and shutown/restarted my phone. I'm really trying to avoid a complete reset here, hope someone else has an idea.
Thanks in advance.

OP
B

Bailers

Reaction score
Sorry for putting my message in the wrong place, thanks for fixing it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...Didn't have this issue at all with mine. Just for kicks, since you're trying to avoid a reset, power off and remove the sd card, then put it back in and power on.

If you end up needing to reset, install appbrain first and sync your apps. After you reset, install appbrain first, then installing your apps again is considerably less painful. Be sure to backup data in your apps though!

Emitted from X.

OP
B

Bailers

Reaction score
Problem Solved

So I ended up reseting my phone. I didn't want to, but I was also having a problem downloading paid apps from the Market, and now that problem is fixed. I'm on 3G right now, so hopefully it's fixed my problem with the update. Guess I'll find out when I get home and back on wifi.

Thanks for the suggestion about backing up to appbrain. I did that and backed all my apps up to my sd card through Astro. Much easier, but hope I don't have to do this again anytime soon. Thanks for the help!