Downloading pics to computer on Droid X

XGiant

Reaction score
Newbie here... what is the easiest way to download pics (taken on the Droid X) to my computer? I do not see them when I sync using the USB cable.

Reaction score
Think it depends on what you mean by 'sync'. *I select 'Mass storage' when I connect phone via usb and copy the /dcim/camera contents to my computer.

Not automated. *and don't think anyone would call it 'syncing'. *but i end up w/ my pics on my computer. *

that may work for you if that is your only goal.

good luck

nwlake

Reaction score
I'm having trouble transferring photos I took with the X, onto my macbook pro. When I connect the usb cable and choose usb mass storage, it just tells me the sd card is busy. If I open the phone storage icon on my desktop, the only files that show up are the ones I transferred from the computer to the phone. And if I try to use iphoto to import them, it can only access the photos I had already transferred from my laptop to the phone. It seems like the photos I took on the phone are inaccessible to the computer.

Oops, never mind, I figured it out. dcim was the thing to look for.

Last edited:

bucknutz

Reaction score
I'm having trouble transferring photos I took with the X, onto my macbook pro. When I connect the usb cable and choose usb mass storage, it just tells me the sd card is busy. If I open the phone storage icon on my desktop, the only files that show up are the ones I transferred from the computer to the phone. And if I try to use iphoto to import them, it can only access the photos I had already transferred from my laptop to the phone. It seems like the photos I took on the phone are inaccessible to the computer.

Set to USB Mass storage on the phone then reconnect it to your macbook pro. It should work fine as it works on my macbook, and mac mini.

Garrett67

Reaction score
If it is just one picture , or even just a few then I do it via Bluetooth on my iMac

Otherwise, I suppose I'd do it via USB