downloading photos.

Alster2005

Reaction score
I put a lot of photos on picasa. I did this so I could dl them to my razr at any time. I found out this site is just for photo sharing. Is photo bucket the same way. If it is what is the best way to transfer pics from my laptop to my phone?

I put a lot of photos on picasa. I did this so I could dl them to my razr at any time. I found out this site is just for photo sharing. Is photo bucket the same way. If it is what is the best way to transfer pics from my laptop to my phone?

I use MotoCast to transfer pics from my phone to pc (and pc to phone) but also to just view pictures that are on my pc so I don't have to take up storage space on my phone. Here are the instructions for installation. Once you download Motocast to your pc, you set up folders you want to share with your phone. You configure your pc and phone for if you want them to sync automatically or not.

I have set up my pc to share my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music libraries/folders but I don't auto sync anything. Then I can access those folders from my phone using My Files, My Gallery, My Music or QuickOffice.

I have a Picasa account but, as you point out, its purpose is for photo sharing. MotoCast works better for sharing between your phone and pc.

EDIT: I realized I was so busy telling you about Motocast that I didn't mention that you can also transfer your photos using a USB connection with your pc. Here's guided help for how to transfer photos or music using either Motocast or USB drag & drop.

I do have motocast and it is sync with face book and picasa. Now is there a way when I am looking at my photos online with motocast to move some to my motocast library? Just curious if its possible. I figured out hot to get them from my laptop to my phone via usb. The reason I ask is that if I am not near my laptop and I normaly don't leave it on because I use an air card for my internet.

Not a direct answer to your question, but I back up all of my pics to the cloud now. I mainly use Box for pictures and videos because they gave me 50 GB free space. I can view or transfer pics and files back and forth. I also have Dropbox and Google Drive as well if needed. But I use them for more daily things. Especially Dropbox. Man, Dropbox is one seemless app/service. Almost cloud perfection for my needs.

I do have motocast and it is sync with face book and picasa. Now is there a way when I am looking at my photos online with motocast to move some to my motocast library? Just curious if its possible. I figured out hot to get them from my laptop to my phone via usb. The reason I ask is that if I am not near my laptop and I normaly don't leave it on because I use an air card for my internet.

If you mean is there a way to move them from picasa to your phone, I don't know. If you mean is there a way to move them from your pc to your phone, My Files will work. When you open it up, select MotoCast Computers and then go to the folder you want. Use Menu>Select Multiple if you want to download more than one to your phone.

You can use the app Picasa Tool to save your pictures from Picasa to your phone. If you open up an album and open a picture, you can click on the icon in the bottom right and choose Save.

Back