Downloading files to droid

joem1481

Reaction score
i just came from a blackberry tour. With the tour if I was emailed a pdf file I was able to review it. I can do the same with droid with pdf viewer. The problem is how do I download it and save it to a file on my sd card, and then email later to a client when needed.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It helps to include which email app you're using.

OP
J

joem1481

Reaction score
I am using gmail email app that came with the droid.

OP
J

joem1481

Reaction score
is there an app I can use? I have the free version of documents to go.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
K9 does this. Can't say specifically for PDFs, but I don't see why not. I transfer zips and txt files quite often to my SD card using K9.

Edit, just search the market for K9. I haven't used the stock e-mail or gmail apps in a little while to remember if they did this or not.

OP
J

joem1481

Reaction score
I was hoping to do it without changing my email client or app.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got it using astro.

With Astro, a free market app, you can just long press on the file you want and select Send. for an image I can send it to Picasa, gmail, messaging, facebook, etc. For a PDF my options are to send it to gmail or use bluetooth.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it using astro.

With Astro, a free market app, you can just long press on the file you want and select Send. for an image I can send it to Picasa, gmail, messaging, facebook, etc. For a PDF my options are to send it to gmail or use bluetooth.

many times i will get an email (in TD) with a draft word attachement. i would like to be able to make changes and then forward the revised document, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. any suggestions??? Thanks!!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nevermind - that was a stupid question. I figured it out... i'm on vacation and my brain has shut down!

OP
J

joem1481

Reaction score
with 2.1 if I got a pdf document and view it with quick office the file would then be saved to astro and I could email to to whoemever I wanted. Now with 2.2 when I view it with quik office it does not save the file to astro. Why? How do I accomplish this now?