Downloading attachments to phone

mikeseils

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could tell me how I would download pictures that are sent as an attachment to gmail or my exchange email address?
I click on download and/ or preview and the pic opens with a black background, but I cant seem to do anything more.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

pool_shark

Reaction score
In gmail it depends on the extension.

If it's a picture the option to download is in the message under the pic.

If it's a doc or xls, download by hitting menu - save.

OP
M

mikeseils

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. When I hit download, where is the file being saved?

kevroc

Reaction score
Tap and hold to save in some cases. In the messages folder on sd card.
Exchange works much better for attachment handling I've found.

Rishi P

Reaction score
I have a droid x, but I'm thinking it's the same thing....i just had a friend send an mp3 as an attachement I was able to download it and listen to it....but now where exactly is that file...like where do I go on my phone to locate the file?

edit - i didn't seem to find the file under settings > files...and the only way i can re-listen to the mp3 I just downloaded is by going to the original email and clicking on teh attachment as it is already downloaded the phone but i have no idea where it is.

so, where did the file go?

Last edited:

chutchins

Reaction score
pictures in gallery

I downloaded a picture from an email - then went to the gallery to look at it but it wasn't there. noitced its on SD card, but can't get it into my gallery. blackberry used to place all download images into the gallery.

only way I can view this image is to go to the email and look at it.

can't figure out how to place it into my gallery.

can't be this hard.:icon_eek:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have a droid x, but I'm thinking it's the same thing....i just had a friend send an mp3 as an attachement I was able to download it and listen to it....but now where exactly is that file...like where do I go on my phone to locate the file?

edit - i didn't seem to find the file under settings > files...and the only way i can re-listen to the mp3 I just downloaded is by going to the original email and clicking on teh attachment as it is already downloaded the phone but i have no idea where it is.

so, where did the file go?
Either in messaging or in download on the SD card.

I downloaded a picture from an email - then went to the gallery to look at it but it wasn't there. noitced its on SD card, but can't get it into my gallery. blackberry used to place all download images into the gallery.

only way I can view this image is to go to the email and look at it.

can't figure out how to place it into my gallery.

can't be this hard.:icon_eek:

The gallery doesn't refresh on it's own. You have to reboot to get it to refresh.
A workaround for that is the app SDrescan. It re-reads the SD card which refreshes the gallery.