Download unsuscessful in browser?

Yourrid

Reaction score
Everytime I try to download something in the browser, it comes up saying that the download is unsucessful. Ive been trying .apk, .zip, and .rar files but none of them work even on different websites.

My X is NON rooted, ota 2.2.1

Any ideas? This is really frustrating...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everytime I try to download something in the browser, it comes up saying that the download is unsucessful. Ive been trying .apk, .zip, and .rar files but none of them work even on different websites.

In your settings do you have your applications set to allow other programs to be downloaded?

Sometimes some files won't download. If that happens use a computer, download the file and just put it on your SD card. Use the Files program to complete the install or download.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

In your settings do you have your applications set to allow other programs to be downloaded?

Sometimes some files won't download. If that happens use a computer, download the file and just put it on your SD card. Use the Files program to complete the install or download.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Yourrid

Yourrid

Reaction score

where is that setting at?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download using a different browser like dolphin or skyfire. Or you can do the toggle trick and turn airplane mode on then off. You don't need to check download from unknown sources, this only matters when actually installing an app. But its in settings/applications

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I always install Astro File Mgr. and go into the preferences and select it there...easier for me to remember where it's at...lol

timrock

Reaction score
sometimes the download gets interrupted when you receive a text, email or phone call. i've seen it happen, but i've also been able to download a 350mb movie in its entirety

TheHunterOfShadows

Reaction score
I have the same issue often. I can retry it and it works fine. But sometimes it stops.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App