Download Unsuccessful VIA Browser.

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
This is really getting quite annoying. 80% of the time when I go to download a file off the internet via my browser, It will just say: "<Untitled> Download Unsuccessful" and only d/l a few kb of the file.

I know I could just get on my computer, and download it, and move it over, but i shouldn't have to. Ive looked up a handful of fixes none have worked.

Some one said use ASTRO File Manager ( Don't See how that would work ) and it didn't fix it. Some one said use the Dolphin Browser ( no luck ).
And also "try clearing your download managers cache/data" still no fix.

Does any one else have any ideas?

Thanks.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
I use astro & have never had a problem. There is a setting in preferences that must be set.
Don't have an x though.

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Oh! Found it! Its under ASTRO's main prefs! Under More>Preferences>Helper Apps> and check Enable Browser Downloads.

Thanks!

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
In astro press menu on your phone, press more when pop up comes up, press preferences scroll down check enable any download. I do have a droid 1,so not sure if it's the same for x.

h_10

Reaction score
the settings change in astro solved the download issue. however, whenever i uninstall astro, i can no longer download. i'm picky about memory and don't need astro since i used root explorer. it seems silly to have to keep astro just so i can download from my browser.

anyone have a solution?