cant download from browser?????? Help....verizon cant figure it out!!!

afraditestar

Reaction score
I can download all day from market, but when I try from browser it says unsuccessful! I either get a "made free up memory and try again" or "made can't be done at this time"... My phone has tons of memory and used to work fine but for about 2month now its done this.. I called it in and after talking with Verizon tech and Motorola tech they decided it was software issue and sent new phone, but same problem so now we back to square one...... any ideas????? I can't download pics,apps , pdf files or anything else on the browser side so what gives????

leftspin

Reaction score
I can download all day from market, but when I try from browser it says unsuccessful! I either get a "made free up memory and try again" or "made can't be done at this time"... My phone has tons of memory and used to work fine but for about 2month now its done this.. I called it in and after talking with Verizon tech and Motorola tech they decided it was software issue and sent new phone, but same problem so now we back to square one...... any ideas????? I can't download pics,apps , pdf files or anything else on the browser side so what gives????

Have you tried using a different browser? or going to settings>applications>manage applications>browser>clear data? or clearing cache from recovery?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I would use Dolphin HD, but if you wanna stick with the stock browser I would try leftspin's suggestion. If that doesn't fix it I'd try clearing the system cache partition. If it still doesn't work, I think a factory reset would be in order unfortunately.

leftspin

Reaction score
I've always used opera mobile, but I hear good things about dolphin

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I've always used opera mobile, but I hear good things about dolphin

I use Opera at home. I want to use Opera mobile and/or mini and I have them installed on my phone, however there are certain things that I don't like:
1) I always seem to run into rendering problems. I'm not sure if they've been fixed with today's update
2) I use tabs a lot and I like how easy Dolphin HD makes it--just like a desktop browser. I don't like the extra step of going to a menu to see the open tabs.
3) the pages always open in overview so I have to zoom all the time. This wastes my time.

J

JriderG

Try downloading astro from the market. Then go to settings in astro and enable browser downloads. I think I had to do that on stock.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Try downloading astro from the market. Then go to settings in astro and enable browser downloads. I think I had to do that on stock.

That reminds me:

phone settings > battery & data manager > data saver > UNCHECK

OP
A

afraditestar

Reaction score
Thanks everybody!! I have tried dolphin with no luck and cleared all cache as well as moving stuff around.. I also got a couple apparently that are pdf file viewers but that didn't help either, oh and done the factory reset already too.... I just don't know what's up and they keep trying to trouble shoot with no prevail... I will try enabling downloads, and any more suggestions I will gladly accept... :)

cynamin

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my brand new phone...I'm starting to not like :hail:Verzion:mad:...fixed with Firefox browser
icon_%20lala.gif
(better than stock anyway)...don't get Opera Mini - it gives you the tiniest webpages EVER.

mike dx

Reaction score
Try settings, applications, manage applications, click all applications, download manager, clear, ok. Worked for me.

baboon619

Reaction score
Its not Verizon or any app! Have had this happening off&on for awhile now. Long story short there is a system flaw in the hardware for transferring data to/from the sd card. Verizon will not acknowledged this and neither will Motorola.
Do you get errors when taking a picture or the picture never getting saved?

Sent from my Dx Humanoid

Matdogg81

Reaction score
Try unchecking the data saver in your phone setting under data and battery section