Download from Verizon - Ringtone

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi all!

My husband surprised me with buying two ringtones direct from the Verizon site. I saw the notification on my droid, but I can not for the life of me find the files! I am truly new at all this, and I learning a lot from this site, but this is still alluding me after two days.

So, if someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Regards,
Cassie
:motdroidvert:

listener

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen. I know they are both on the phone, but I can not find them.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
are you using a file explorer, I use Astro. Works very well

+1 on Astro. You should be able to find the files fairly quickly once you're able to see everything / the file structure. It's Free(!) in the Marketplace.

Note:
In case you didn't know, if you connect the DROID to your PC and are doing file moves, you won't be able to see the folder you're making copies to on the DROID until you disconnect the USB cable.

- Mega

LordKastle

Reaction score
You shouldn't need a file explorer to attain those ringtones. If they are saved to your phone then you should be able to access them in the section where you choose the ringtones. Hmm

Retribution

Reaction score
could try looking in your music folder????

I have no idea, really buying ring tones from Verizon isn't worth it(nice thought from your hubby though), you can buy the full song for the same price and choose it as a ring tone and use ringdroid(free app) to edit out the section you want to use.

For the time being I think there will be some compatiblity issues between verizon and the droid phones, since its one of the first phones they havent crippled beyond all recognition.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Yeah but some people do not want to go through the work of doing all that. She simply wants the ringtone her husband bought and rightfully so. She doesn't need a file explorer or anything else for that matter. I suggest just checking the ringtone ringtone list to see if its hidden in there.

I added a song I wanted to use and once I added it to my phone it just popped up there.

listener

Reaction score
I figured it out! The ringtones can be found it your go to the messages...that is twhere the ringtone first came in...and press and hold on the message... a box will pop up asking if you want to dave as a ring tone.:icon_ banana:

Gazoo

Reaction score
To clarify, when a person buys ringtones directly from the Media Store at My Verizon, they are sent to the device via picture message. Open the message, you'll hear the ringtone, and select "save as ringtone". Then the tone will be listed among all the other tones on your device.

This works for ALL Verizon phones, by the way.

paulglas953

Reaction score
How can I rename or delete a ringtone downloaded from Verizon, I have some duplicates and they are not names but numbers. I downloaded andexplorer file manager and can not find my ringtone