Doublechecking procedure to get latest OTA update with rooted Razr MAXX

wernst

Reaction score
All,

So I have a Razr MAXX that was up to date (as of last week) and rooted, with several of Verizon's OEM apps frozen with Titanium Backup.

So in order to get the OTA, I should:

1. Unfreeze all the frozen apps.
2. Run Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and make a backup of my root (that is, su). I ASSUME THERE IS NO NEED TO UNROOT; TRUE?
3. Download and install the latest OTA update.
4. See if I still have root, and if not then restore root with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper.
5. Re-freeze any of those silly Verizon apps I don't use.

Does this seem about right?

Thanks,
Warr

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
After you back up root, then you unroot with voodoo. After you install update, then restore root through voodoo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

emwhite81

Reaction score
I knew I should have checked here before updating...I didn't realize I had to unroot, so I lost root.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I knew I should have checked here before updating...I didn't realize I had to unroot, so I lost root.

You can root with matt tool on 181

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I can't even install the OTA. It just tells me it fails. I think it's because I uninstalled some bloatware (I froze many others and unfroze them, but some stuff I just uninstalled... mistake I guess)

Any way to recover from that so I can update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I can't even install the OTA. It just tells me it fails. I think it's because I uninstalled some bloatware (I froze many others and unfroze them, but some stuff I just uninstalled... mistake I guess)

Any way to recover from that so I can update?
Use Matt's Razr Utility to get back to .173. Update to .181 OTA and then use Matt's Utility to root .181...it works.