Doom RPG?

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
It's all handled by Electronic Arts :( So fat chance of getting any response from them. From their mobile games website they support the t-mobile G1 but that's it for android devices as of now :\

Last edited:

Beachboy

Reaction score
Doom port

Check google codes page. Both Doom and Quake are available FREE. Just have to download, extract (.zip .tz), and transfer to the sd card. Good ports!

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Check google codes page. Both Doom and Quake are available FREE. Just have to download, extract (.zip .tz), and transfer to the sd card. Good ports!

*sigh* Do people ever read? Even the thread title says it all yet people still come in here and tell me where to get the doom and quake ports....

doublejack

Reaction score

Thanks for trying, but as stated earlier in this thread Doom and Quake are different than Doom RPG. The former are first-person-shooter games originally released ~15 years ago. Doom RPG is themed like Doom and played in a first person perspective, but it is a turn based RPG, not a FPS. Doom RPG is roughly four years old now. See the wiki link in this thread for more info.

John Carmack got the idea for Doom RPG when he noted how poor mobile gaming was overall, yet phones were getting more powerful. Carmack also determined that controls limitations of phones made them more suited to playing RPGs on rather than twitchy FPS games. Thus Doom RPG was born. It does incorporate some code from the original, but is a spin-off project.

The success of Doom RPG spawned a few other games. Orcs & Elves was an original IP based on the Doom RPG engine. Then there was Orcs & Elves 2. The latest in the series is Wolf RPG, which as one can figure out from the name is a RPG based on the Wolfenstein series.

I've played Doom RPG and Orcs & Elves. Both are excellent games. In fact, they are the best two games I've played so far that are genuine developed-for-phone games.

The problem is that there aren't any universal standards in the cell phone world when it comes to gaming. So, the games have to be tweaked for different carriers, firmware and hardware depending on tons of variables (the graphics hardware, screen res, brew / java / etc. code engine). The reason I have never played Orcs & Elves 2 and Wolf RPG is because I haven't owned a phone they were ported to.

If we want these games for the Android OS, we need to let EA & id know. If they see there's enough of a market to justify the cost, they'll probably go ahead and port them.

Last edited:
OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
well ID Software apparently doesn't have an email (not even listed on their homepage) and to contact EA about it required making an account and all that.

I guess I'll start it off

[edit] [email protected] found this one but it's for a webmaster?

Last edited: