dont drop your droid!!!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say, Verizon told me it was 6 bux a month to insure my phone. which is $72/year.

Through my state farm insurance i was able to insure my droid, my laptop, and my DSLR camera for $30/year for full replacement value with zero deductable.

in other words. Don't get verizon insurance, get it through whoever does your homeowners/renters insurance. It will save you money

state farm is awesome when it comes to this but they dropped me because i live too close to the water.. :icon_evil:

Gig103

Reaction score
Awesome advice about homeowners insurance for electronics! :)
I wonder if any good cases will come out? I like the iPhone rubber sleeves but with a slider, that doesn't work.

gnxtra87

Reaction score
Dropped mine today right on the screen and in the rain and luckily mine is still good!

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Kungfugeek: Does the Farm Insurance cover accidental, theft, and water damage like the Total Equipment Coverage? Also, does the price quote that your quoting have anything to do with your age or how long ago you signed up for insurance?

AC

Zippster

Reaction score
This is the first phone I have EVER gotten insurance on and I have had cell phones since the old permanent hard mount in car days.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I had originally gotten the Verizon Droid branded silicon case which was excellent. I was a little weary about keeping it because one of the Verizon guys was too rough and broke the first one he tried to install on my phone. Then after I had gotten it, I saw that I didn't want to have to keep removing it every time I use the Multimedia station or car dock. So I took it back at the Verizon store for the Verizon Droid branded clear hard shell case. I like the looks of it with it on. It's not as bad to remove this case since its a snap case and it's a little more straight forward. Although, because of the keyboard the plastic doesn't snap together with the other piece. Just, be careful and don't put any pressure on your keyboard when removing it. I was considering not using it because its still just a extra task. I am considering getting a leather pouch. I am not sure after this thread.

AC

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
Kungfugeek: Does the Farm Insurance cover accidental, theft, and water damage like the Total Equipment Coverage? Also, does the price quote that your quoting have anything to do with your age or how long ago you signed up for insurance?

AC
Yes. It covers almost everyrthing and the things it doesn't I don't care about (acts of terrorism/nuclear war)

30 bux was minimum which is why I added the other stuff to get most out of it

I don't think age or length of time had anything to do with it. But it is on top of renters insurance I already have (its a rider policy)

Of course everybody should have renters insurance if they rent(or home owners if they own)

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, Verizon told me it was 6 bux a month to insure my phone. which is $72/year.

Through my state farm insurance i was able to insure my droid, my laptop, and my DSLR camera for $30/year for full replacement value with zero deductable.

in other words. Don't get verizon insurance, get it through whoever does your homeowners/renters insurance. It will save you money

This has been talked about before. I tried it, and it is a major fail. SUre, it is cheaper, but with the Assurion insurance, I get a phone the next business day. With State Farm I got a phone 71 days later, in the form of a check. Not worth the hassle.

medicTHREE

Reaction score

AC
Yes. It covers almost everyrthing and the things it doesn't I don't care about (acts of terrorism/nuclear war)

30 bux was minimum which is why I added the other stuff to get most out of it

I don't think age or length of time had anything to do with it. But it is on top of renters insurance I already have (its a rider policy)

Of course everybody should have renters insurance if they rent(or home owners if they own)

For those of us with homeowner's, I'd really recommend against a rider policy. This is essentially a claim against your homeowner's insurance. Stand alone policy is the only way to go here.

OP
R

rockbreaker

Reaction score
Let's see pics of the damage!
It,s a hair line crack that I didnt notice until the next day and you can only see it at a
low view. I'll try to take a picture. I think I will wait and see how long it will hold up before I apply for the insurance.

mjs31

Reaction score
Funny thing about the glass screen...many want it for its scratch resistance (to a point), but the drop of the phone will knock it out faster than plastic. Still much prefer glass and always keep insurance on these high end phones.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let's see pics of the damage!
It,s a hair line crack that I didnt notice until the next day and you can only see it at a
low view. I'll try to take a picture. I think I will wait and see how long it will hold up before I apply for the insurance.

oh i thought it was worse then that..... i agree with not wanting to file it on the insurance unless needed....

with asurion if you make 2 claims within 12 months they will drop you for the next 12 months.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Did you really feel it necessary to tell us not to drop our nearly $600 devices that we're all obviously nuts about? I baby my phone. If I drop it, it surely won't be intentional. :)

xjman349

Reaction score
This is a huge benefit over the iphone. Can't insure it at all.