"done, CPU is restoring last screen"

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Do any of you often get that message before your app screen reappears, sometimes having to wait quite a while? It happens a lot on my D2, just as it did on my D1.

I get that and some other phone freezes that really bug me, since the phone's only a couple of weeks old and I don't think I have that many apps on it.

Has anyone gone through something like this and has improved their phone's performance?

I'd appreciate any help.

Rocky

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
In almost a year of owning a Droid, i've got to honestly say that i've never SEEN that message. Are you running the stock launcher?

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
In almost a year of owning a Droid, i've got to honestly say that i've never SEEN that message. Are you running the stock launcher?
Not right now; I'm using ADW Launcher; however on my D1 I wasn't and still getting that message and the continous freezes.

Thanks for asking.

Rocky

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the one and only "chosen one" to carry this burden...

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
OK, I'm back.

Never mind the "done, CPU is restoring last screen" message I seem to be the only one to get.

Does anyone get constant freezes on their D2 that lead him/her to ultimately take the battery out and turn it back on, since not even the Sleep/Wake-Up button works at times, like it's my case?

How would I know what causes the constant freezes?

I use ADW Launcher and have installed about 30 apps on top of the ones that came with the phone.

I'd appreciate any help.

Rocky

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm back.

Never mind the "done, CPU is restoring last screen" message I seem to be the only one to get.

Does anyone get constant freezes on their D2 that lead him/her to ultimately take the battery out and turn it back on, since not even the Sleep/Wake-Up button works at times, like it's my case?

I use ADW Launcher and have installed about 30 apps on top of the ones that came with the phone.

I'd appreciate any help.

I'll bet you are either running a task killer or antivirus. If not give it a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it then give it back to verizon for replacement. Droid does not do freezing or require battery pulls.

Rocky[/QUOTE]

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
OK, I'm back.

I'd appreciate any help.
I'll bet you are either running a task killer or antivirus. If not give it a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it then give it back to verizon for replacement. Droid does not do freezing or require battery pulls.
Hello, Hook. I am using Task Killer Free in fact. Should I dump it?

Rocky

bsubenvis

Reaction score
If there is one think that I have read the most about it is task killers. Everyone from the Google gods to the devs on forums say that they cause more trouble than they are worth. Droid manages its own applications fine, the task killer will use more battery than it will save by far. I would ditch the task killer and any other apps that you don't use on a semi-daily basis. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
If there is one think that I have read the most about it is task killers. Everyone from the Google gods to the devs on forums say that they cause more trouble than they are worth. Droid manages its own applications fine, the task killer will use more battery than it will save by far. I would ditch the task killer and any other apps that you don't use on a semi-daily basis. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
I've uninstalled it already. Hopefully that'll help.

Thanks a lot for the tips, guys.

Rocky