Does thunderbolt need a screen protector

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I always use a screen protector and typically just get the ones offered by Verizon made for the phone. I have had screen protectors that were lousy and removed them immediately but never had that problem with the ones from Verizon. My screens are crystal clear with their protectors. If you look at someone's phone where they don't use a screen protector, you can see the wear from just their fingers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
I use the verizon ones also,glossy makes it look like you dont have one,but you cant see very well outside. Antiglare ones are good for outside but it sacrifices the color and clarity when inside

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bandito

Reaction score
Ive had my thunderbolt for a few months now and hated it until a couple of weeks ago when i finally took off the screen protector. Prior to removing it the screen was not very sensitive and when i texted it would be loaded with typos. It is so much better naked. Ill risk a scratch to have a phone that is functional.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I use the steinhall matte. It reduces the screen quality but so what, it's not that drastic a difference. I went to the verizon store and the phones there were so used that their screen had finger marks all over the screens, their quality looked worse than mine cause of all the finger marks! And on top of it, in the summer and days where your fingers are sticky or sweaty your fingers will stick to the screen if it's naked. Kind of hard to swype.

The matte screen protector makes this cool noise when you swype your finger around texting, it NEVER gets sticky or messes up the way it looks...and I really haven't noticed any nonresponsive screen issues. Matter of fact I have a harder time with the naked phone.

slinky

Reaction score
I would suggest Steinheil's screen protectors. Relatively easy to apply and available in a matte and crystal texture. I got matte and though it does cut down on the clarity just a bit it feels great to use.
I never usually recommend one over the other but everyone who sees the crystal clear is amazed. Other than an occasional desire to want to bubble ever so slightly on the side (which you press out in a second), it's rather fantastic and far better than the garbage I had on that was stock Verizon store.

electric6

Reaction score
I know this really doesn't apply to the function of a screen protector, but mine TB was thrown agaisnt a wall so hard it broke in half. The screen however is perfectly intact. These screens are very durable!

1android

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it NEEDS one. I went without one for a couple months and my screen looks great still. The other day At a certain angle I noticed a very very small scratch. nothing noticable, but I dont want it to get worse so i threw one on. The glass on the thunderbolt is very strong. I have always used protectors, just didn't have the extra cash for my TB when I got it. I think of it like this.....$500+ phone....$15 screen protector for assurance isn't a bad idea.

Matte242

Reaction score
Get you an otter box and no screen protector.....screen protectors degrade the touch screen

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums