Does the Droid Razr Maxx have dual video outs? (I think that's what it's called)

qurtrn10

Reaction score
When I had the Incredible, I loved using the HDMI cable to connect the phone to my tv and be able to see everything on my phone and the tv simultaneously.

Later, I changed to the Droid X, and when plugged to the tv, you cannot view your screens on the phone because there is only one video out (?). It reduced the tv option to just pictures and videos, whereas I liked playing all of my games on the phone and have them show up on the tv (my nephew gets a real big kick out of it).

It's time again for a new phone, and I'm looking at either the Razr Maxx or a Samsung. Can the Razr do what I want?

Thanks,
William

SallyC

Reaction score
From Moto's site:

Your DROID RAZR is equipped with a 1080p Mirror Mode via HDMI.
HDMI allows you to display user content, applications, games, browser and more on a large screen TV.
Using mirror mode
1. Record your videos in HD resolution and then watch them in all their glory on your HDTV or monitor. Just connect using an HDMI cable.
2. Plug in an HDMI cable to connect your phone and your HDTV.​

To adjust the viewable area, press the menu key> Settings > HDMI > Overscan. Move the slider to adjust the viewable area.​
Note: you can't display DRM-protected content from your phone.

You don't need to spend big bucks on an HDMI cord either. Just be sure it's micro (not mini) on one end. I got this 15 ft one from Amazon for $12 and it works great.