Does the DROID 3 Need a Case?

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Ever since I got my DROID 3 I've had a case on it. But lately I've been getting annoyed of the case and I actually prefer it to have no case at all. So do you think that the DROID 3 really needs a case??

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

J24

Reaction score
Go ahead and drop it on some cement and let me know if you wish you had a case. I dropped mine from about 6 inches up on my front steps (granted, right after I got home from the bar) without a case and I've been beating myself up over it since.

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Ok, now I've changed my mind. I will keep my case on no matter how much i want it off. Thanks.

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
And how much damage happened to your phone? ?

J24

Reaction score
Not a whole terribly lot, but a corner and one edge definitely got pretty scuffed up, enough to make it noticeably rough, as well as rough to the touch. I was unlucky and it landed face down too, so the screen got a nice scratch on it as well. And again, this was all from a drop when I was sitting on the steps.

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Oh, I've only dropped my phone once and that was about 3 inches from the ground on wood floor but with my case on, so I was fortunate to not have any damage, but if my case wasn't on I now wonder if something would of happened to my phone. Anyways im glad it didn't.

celtic11

Reaction score
I rocked a naked OG DROID for about s year and that phone took an absolute beating. While I was impressed with its durability I always regretted not doing more to take care of it. Now I have the Verizon case with the holster and kickstand. Seems like a case but the nature of my job caused the clip on the holster to get snagged a lot and it ultimately broke today.

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
So now what's that mean, you have no case for your phone or are you just going to use the holster with no clip. I have a pretty good case on mine right now and so far its pretty durable.

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Well actually I have two cases, but the case im using now is a case that I bought while on vacation and its a really durable case, but my other case is a case that I bought from the verizon store

matthewl3

Reaction score
Im rocking the rubber pink case from verizon, fits tight. I cut breathe vents in the back right, right where the case gets hot. Love it

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Wait so its a rubber case?? Not a hard plastic one?

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Wait so its a rubber case?? Not a hard plastic one?

Its a hard mold case like usual, but the outside feels like the rubber on the back side of the phone