Does the Droid 3 Have Reception Issues?

dowens2013

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid Incredible 2, and it has horrible reception, so I swapped it for the Droid 3. It'll be here Monday, but I was wondering if the Droid 3 has any reception issues or is the antenna significantly better than the INC2 antenna?

Thanks

dazoe

Reaction score
I don't know about the inc 2 but compared to the original droid it has worse reception.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Hvarsov

Reaction score
I have my droid 3 for 2 weeks now....the phone reception in my house is great but the download speed even with wifi on is slow for a lot of things......I can't get past 1g inside of my house

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The reception on my Droid 3 is much greater than it was on my original Droid. Calls are clearer, at work where I have a hard time getting signal the calls are clear and clean sounding while on my original Droid they would break up, sound digital (with aliasing noise) and sometimes drop. No problems with the Droid 3.

LT*

Reaction score
My D3 gets below -90db in my house. My D1 was always around -100db in the same place. Unless VZW put up a new tower the day I got the D3, then I assume the phone just gets great reception.

Hvarsov

Reaction score
Calls are fine.......how about downloading info.....I only get 1g in the house...never 3G......I download a ny times ap and it takes longer to load than my old palm pre....disappointing.....anybody else have problems like that.....also I have very few added aps and I am using what seems to be most of my ram....seems odd

LT*

Reaction score
No issues keeping a strong 3G signal at home or work.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm 3G all the time, except when I am on WiFi. Don't think I've seen it drop to 1x yet......my Droid never did either (I have good Verizon coverage).

1.67 Mbps last Speedtest on 3G, 17.27 Mbps on WiFi (work).

Hvarsov

Reaction score
Wifi in my house doesnt make mine faster.....could it be the processor in the droid3........web takes as long as my old palm pre

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Wifi in my house doesnt make mine faster.....could it be the processor in the droid3........web takes as long as my old palm pre

Either you have really bad WiFi or something is wrong with your device....or you're not actually connecting to WiFi and your data is still going over your 1x connection.

Do you get 3G outside of your house? Do you notice a difference on 3G compared to your 1x connection?

1x - slow
3G - not as slow to decent (this depends on tower saturation, tower location)
WiFi - faster
Commercial/Business WiFi - Very Fast

Have you performed a *228 option 2 on the phone lately?

NoBloatware

Reaction score

Likely something wonky with your wireless router settings. Are you using WPA2 encryption by chance?

Hvarsov

Reaction score
Thank you TCREWS !!!!!!!!
I updated roaming (even though I think I have it off) and lo and behold it is reading 3G in my house .....
Thank you again...will let you know if it changes downloading speed and all the rest.......impressive yet oh so simple huh?

celtic11

Reaction score
My wifi is ridiculously fast compared to 3g. I don't notice it much when browsing but when I download apps using wifi they are installed on the phone by the time I navigate back to the homescreen.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums