Does Skype work in GN?

McBain01

Reaction score
Yes it works, but I use Tango instead. Much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

+1 for tango. Love it. Tried Skype but it said you needed to buy credit. Happened upon tango and glad I did. Works flawlessly with my gnex, brothers tbolt,wife's dx and two of our computers. So easy to setup

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for tango. Love it. Tried Skype but it said you needed to buy credit. Happened upon tango and glad I did. Works flawlessly with my gnex, brothers tbolt,wife's dx and two of our computers. So easy to setup

Plus, you can call over wifi with Tango, which is one of the only stand alone apps that does this.

McBain01

Reaction score
ya but how many people that you 'call' use tango?

Anyone with an iPhone or android phone can have it downloaded and set up in minutes. Much quicker than Skype and is so far 100% free also unlike skype. I introduced 5 people to it today. Not a big deal really nor is it exclusive. When I checked my contacts I was surprised by how many actually had it already. Its def not a "second tier" app like your question also seems to imply.

madspeed

Reaction score
No disrespect intended. I just never heard of it. Im checking it out though. Thanks guys

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I can't get Skype to install properly on my Nexus. When I put in all the information I get an error. A red notification box comes up but no error message is shown. Doesn't like my phone number or something??? Dunno. Never used it. Uninstalled.