Does Skype work in GN?

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy either a GN or a Razr soon. Has anyone used Skype with the GN? Do video calls work OK?<br>
<br>
Thanks.

honors21

Reaction score
There its a post around 12/26 :)in this forum that's has a link to the Swype beta needs work on landscape but other than that works great I also use touch pal free soon like a Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There its a post around 12/26 :)in this forum that's has a link to the Swype beta needs work on landscape but other than that works great I also use touch pal free soon like a Swype.

Skype, not swype

To answer the OP, I don't use skype so I don't know. You can definitely get your friends on Google+ and start a hangout though:)

Last edited:

poooookah78

Reaction score
I have used Skype on my gnex. It works great!

dbol

Reaction score
I can confirm it works great. Videochatted via Skype on GNex on both 3G and WiFi, and both methods worked well, WiFi better than 3G.

captdroid

Reaction score
+1 'Skype - free video calling' in the market works

OP
I

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
Thanks to all, useful information. Now I still have a hard choice between the GN and Razr.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Thanks to all, useful information. Now I still have a hard choice between the GN and Razr.

I can also confirm that skype works great on my gnex.

As far as your decision goes personally I love my gnex and I was having a hard time myself deciding between it and the razr.

I love the performance so far of the gnex but it comes with a disclaimer, had I known that samsung and verizon were going to screw us with the lack of accessories and docks for the lte version of the gnex I would not of bought it.

I really love it but I also really miss my media dock and a functional car dock that my OG had.

With that said if you want to have functional docks and accessories go with the razr if you want performance and a better screen go with the gnex.

I didn't return my gnex in hopes that there will be accessories for it soon enough but it is slowly looking like that the LTE version of the gnex is getting treated as a bastard stepchild by both samsung and verizon. It's getting no love at all from them.

jerroedr

Reaction score
the docks will come... speculation of course