Does Screebl really save battery?

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Does Screebl really work...some says it does and some says it doesnt...i think it doesnt bc i had it for a week and it really doesnt...it seems to be using more of my battery if i dont use my phone...but if i use my phone, it seems to last like 10 minutes longer than usual...

microsnook

Reaction score
When im using my phone, the display is on. When I am not, its off. I dont need screebl to turn it off for me. I do it myself. lol. So I dont find it useful whatsoever.

kevdog

Reaction score
I bought the app a long time ago when I thought it did something, but now that I've had it a long time and with some ROM upgrades I forgot to reinstall it -- I noticed no difference. I think its a gimmick. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and in fact I wish I had my money back -- but oh well.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I use the free version and I like it. It keeps the screen on when you are doing things like reading a web page. No need to worry about it timing out and going black or having to tap the screen at least once a minute or so. By using screebl I am able to set my screen timeout to 15 seconds (I assume most without screebl have it set longer). This could save battery life if you are not anal like I am about turning the display off whenever you are done using it and just setting the phone down expecting it to time out and shut off on its own. Having it on for only an extra 15 seconds rather than a minute or more would save battery life. YMMV

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ This.

If you're trying to improve battery life then analyze your usage and address your battery hogs. It does no good to randomly apply "fixes" -- especially if they only affect something that has minimal impact on your battery usage.

Andrew C

Reaction score
I use the free version and I like it. It keeps the screen on when you are doing things like reading a web page. No need to worry about it timing out and going black or having to tap the screen at least once a minute or so. By using screebl I am able to set my screen timeout to 15 seconds (I assume most without screebl have it set longer). This could save battery life if you are not anal like I am about turning the display off whenever you are done using it and just setting the phone down expecting it to time out and shut off on its own. Having it on for only an extra 15 seconds rather than a minute or more would save battery life. YMMV

+1 Its main function is convenience as stated above. The exact reason I use it too. It shouldn't be looked at as a battery saver.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others who posted in front of me. I think Screebl really doesn't have that much to do with the battery, but it's absolutely necessary to have when you're trying to do things that might go beyond two minutes. I hate have to unlock the screen right in the middle of doing something.