Does gmail ride on email?

windstrings

Reaction score
If I kill the email "default that comes with the phone" as it wants to pop up all the time, does that also kill gmail?

Seems since autokilling email, my gmail hasn't auto recieved new mail, if I actually open it with the gmail app and hit refresh, I can get them but hasn't done it on its own?

Yes, it used to work fine before.... is there a relation or is it just being glitchy?

lschicky

Reaction score
I'm guessing Yes. Gmail is the default "Email" program so if you are killing that, it's not going to sync because it's killed.

Perhaps changing your notification settings.

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
I'm guessing Yes. Gmail is the default "Email" program so if you are killing that, it's not going to sync because it's killed.

Perhaps changing your notification settings.

Nope.. only killing email.... thats different than gmail.

kevin1016

Reaction score
I have default email removed and gmail works fine. Not sure if I just removed the icon or the app itself though.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I still get my Gmail and I deleted the email client, so no they do not depend on each other.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're talking about uninstalling the default email app alltogether

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do I see more than one member have that same EXACT avatar windstrings??

lschicky

Reaction score
hrmm. I never plugged any info into the email app, I use gmail as my main email. never had a problem with it poping up, at all, let alone often.

Is there any account set up with "Email" I clicked on it, it asked me about settings, I closed it. Checked the task killer I have, it wasn't even loaded. Guessing if you have account info added it would try to check it, but I also imagine like most things it has notification settings.

I only use task killers when I want to make sure a IM program or something isn't connected, so I'm not getting multiple messages in multiple places.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we could get into some fun discussions about yours. I have a feeling we'd be on the winning side. :icon_ devil:

Are you talking about MY avatar? Or windstrings avatar? Cause I'm talking about windstrings' avatar....I swear, I have seen more than a couple members with that same black and white picture of that guy lol...

And I know people could get into some hot discussions about mine, but I really don't care

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score

I didn't want to break his heart and make a fuss... but I have this same avatar all over the internet and am a member of around 30 forums and I"ve carried this avatar since 2005 probrably starting with priuschat.com

I don't take it as a threat, if he likes it..... thats cool!
He seems like a nice guy.

kevin1016

Reaction score
I think we could get into some fun discussions about yours. I have a feeling we'd be on the winning side. :icon_ devil:

Are you talking about MY avatar? Or windstrings avatar? Cause I'm talking about windstrings' avatar....I swear, I have seen more than a couple members with that same black and white picture of that guy lol...

And I know people could get into some hot discussions about mine, but I really don't care
I'm talking about yours. And I'd love a world without religion. But if we go any further into that discussion, this thread would drop into the closed position faster that my wife's hula skirt on our honeymoon.

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
Humm...maybe there's no relation... I went into email and its not configured nor ever has been and I cleared the cache and attempted to force close it.

After doing all that I can still access gmail.

for some reason my gmail notification is not working... maybe its a temporary glitch.