Does Droid have voice activation?

Neko

Reaction score
I have my Droid for a while now and I just read online quickly that the Droid has voice activation. I cant be this dumb!

Does the Droid have it? If it does, how do I use it?

Thanks in advance!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about voice activation but it does have voice search. Hit the search button and then hit the mic icon to the right of the search field.

Or press and hold the search button.

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
I'm not sure about voice activation but it does have voice search. Hit the search button and then hit the mic icon to the right of the search field.

Or press and hold the search button.

Thanks... I'll give that a try!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
You have voice search, and voice dial. With Android 2.2, you also get actual bluetooth voice dial, so you can use a headset hands-free. For voice search, an easier way to bring it up is to hold the search key down for about a second. The voice search will automatically come up. To use voice input for text messages, hit the microphone key right next to the spacebar on the virtual keyboard.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You can use commands like "navigate to ATT" and it'll open the GPS navigation screen with a selection of the nearest ATT stores , or you can say "map of Apple Store" and it'll show you a map with all the Apple Stores around you marked on that map , say "call God " and it'll dial God from your contact list , or say anything else and it'll open that in Google Search . I found that the Dial command in Voice Search works better for dialing contacts than the Voice Dial application .