Does anyone own a Moto 360 2nd Gen 42MM?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good evening. Does anyone own a Moto 360 2nd Gen 42MM women's edition smart watch; the one called Rose Gold? I have been a smart watch owner for over 2 years now, but the wife was never interested. Until now. She tried on a friends rose gold 42MM watch yesterday and realized she liked it and might want one. Just curious if anyone else here owns one (or your significant other) and would like to hear your feedback. Thanks.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, my wife is now the proud owner of a Moto 360 42MM Rose Gold smart watch. Helped her get it all setup and showed her the basics of Android Wear. So far so good, she seems to like it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I didn't know which thread to post this, so came in here. If this isn't the place, please delete and redirect me to where I need to go.
I'm starting to look to upgrade my LG G. Nothing's wrong with it and I kinda feel a little silly replacing something that's perfectly fine, but I really want a round face and feel I've gotten my $80 worth out of this gently used G.
Anyhow, I went into Swappa to see what I might be able to find, figuring now would be a great time to pick something up with everyone getting newer watches for Christmas. Boy, was I surprised to see very limited watches for sale.
What's going on? Are people not upgrading or are smartwatches dying out in popularity?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Anyhow, I went into Swappa to see what I might be able to find, figuring now would be a great time to pick something up with everyone getting newer watches for Christmas. Boy, was I surprised to see very limited watches for sale.
What's going on? Are people not upgrading or are smartwatches dying out in popularity?

I think it's a little of both. I think folks that own them tend to keep them for as long as possible, and don't upgrade often like they do with phones. And I think Android Wear just never really became popular with society in general. I see way more Apple Watches and Fitbits than AW watches.

When I bought my wife her first smart watch last Summer I looked on Swappa for a while and had a custom alert for new devices setup for about 3 weeks and never saw what we wanted. I prefer to buy tech devices from Swappa but found her a gently used mint condition watch on E Bay. I was hesitant, but made sure the seller had excellent ratings and was North America based; I didn't want any International delays, etc. I even contacted the seller to ask about the No Refund policy and she assured me that the watch was genuine, the one in the pictures, and that if it was defective she would work with me. Ended up being a good purchase for us, but I do prefer Swappa when possible.

Good luck & happy shopping. Hope you can find what you are looking for at a decent price.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, @Sajo!
I've set up all kinds of alerts and educating myself in the meantime. Round is about all I know that I want LOL
I did go into eBay a couple of times. Electronics and eBay kinda make me nervous, but I think I know just enough to know what kind of seller to look for. I've been doing eBay for many, many years with other things, so I'm familiar with the various types of sellers.
Do you know if most of the reputable named watches in their first generation will accept AW 2.0 (I think that's where we are now) or do I need to watch carefully for and aim towards newer generations? My LG G is happy with 2.0, but I don't know if I can get away with first generations of Moto or whatever.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think the LG G Watch received AW 2.0. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it was eligible to run 2.0? The original Moto 360 (first gen) also can't run AW 2.0. If AW 2.0 is important to you, then look for the newer watch models. AW 2.0 does still have some bugs, but Google has pushed out several updates lately that have fixed many of them. I think we are at AW 2.6 or 2.7 right now.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I didn't even know Swappa had watches. I think there aren't many there because people just don't think to sell them there. I wouldn't until now.
Look up the Fossil Q Marshall. It's big but very nice. My buddy has one he was asking me about selling. LMK

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I don't think the LG G Watch received AW 2.0. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it was eligible to run 2.0? The original Moto 360 (first gen) also can't run AW 2.0. If AW 2.0 is important to you, then look for the newer watch models. AW 2.0 does still have some bugs, but Google has pushed out several updates lately that have fixed many of them. I think we are at AW 2.6 or 2.7 right now.

I'm 99% certain I'm on 2.0, but honestly can't even remember where to go look LOL! I've been so content with the way things work on my watch I don't even change the face anymore.
Even if I am on 2.0, looks like I'm far behind with 2.6 or 2.7 as the current version.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I didn't even know Swappa had watches. I think there aren't many there because people just don't think to sell them there. I wouldn't until now.
Look up the Fossil Q Marshall. It's big but very nice. My buddy has one he was asking me about selling. LMK

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Yep, Swappa is where I got my LG G! In fact, my husband got his there too!

Send me a PM with info. I can't guaranty I'm 100% interested in it, but I'll certainly take a look.

I've been looking at Moto, Fossil, and Ticwatch.

***And my apologies, I just noticed I posted in a thread I shouldn't have. I meant to post this in Sajo's "Are Smart Watches Dead?" thread. ***

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, Swappa is where I got my LG G! In fact, my husband got his there too!

Send me a PM with info. I can't guaranty I'm 100% interested in it, but I'll certainly take a look.

I've been looking at Moto, Fossil, and Ticwatch.

***And my apologies, I just noticed I posted in a thread I shouldn't have. I meant to post this in Sajo's "Are Smart Watches Dead?" thread. ***
It's all good. Since I created this thread I don't mind at all. Keep on posting here, it was kind of dead until today.

To check your watch versions, go to settings > about > versions. I think those are the same basic steps on all watches.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
It's all good. Since I created this thread I don't mind at all. Keep on posting here, it was kind of dead until today.

To check your watch versions, go to settings > about > versions. I think those are the same basic steps on all watches.

Nope, son of a gun, I'm running 1.5. I have no idea where I came up with the idea I had 2.0 LOL!
How much more doo-dads do the newer versions of the software of AW offer? I guess I probably need to be looking for something more current so apps will be supported, right? Otherwise, I may end up in the same boat I was in with my Bionic a couple of years ago... Just thinkin' out loud.
Oh, and thanks for permitting me to hijack your thread!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
AW 2.0 does have a lot of new functionality and the whole GUI is a little different than AW 1.5. I'm still not convinced that it's "better" than 1.5....but Google is actively working on it. It might be better to get a watch with 2.0, or at least one that supports 2.0, for the reasons you mentioned.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
AW 2.0 does have a lot of new functionality and the whole GUI is a little different than AW 1.5. I'm still not convinced that it's "better" than 1.5....but Google is actively working on it. It might be better to get a watch with 2.0, or at least one that supports 2.0, for the reasons you mentioned.

Yeah, I don't want to move into something that's not going to play well with apps for very long.
Your wife has the women's model of the 360, right? Is it significantly smaller than the men's version? I don't want anything too small. When I was wearing analog watches, I leaned towards the men's styles and only wore women's for dressy occasions. I still wear those when I dress up, but that's seldom, so want to make sure I end up with something rather substantial on my wrist, but not something the size of a 45 record.