DEAL: Moto 360 2nd Gen Refurb $150!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Moto 360 is one of the best looking Android wear devices around. The round bezel really steals the show. The 2nd Gen version is normally $299 or more depending on which version you go with. The daily deal site "DailySteals" has the device for only $149. They have both the 42mm and 46mm version with either the black leather band or black metal band. The only color available is black. If you don't have an Android Wear device yet this is a great deal.

via DailySteals

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Really tempted to pick one up. But I can't see myself using it for more than a few weeks...not a watch, or wear anything on wrist, person

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No easy way I could ever get one.
It looks great but that flat tire look is a deal breaker for me. They might be great but that just bugs the heck out of me.
I feel your pain. I had the Gen 1 Moto 360 (until I lost it in a house fire), and for the most part I did't mind the flat tire. Still, it bugged me with certain watch faces (actually most of them), because of the lost digits and minute marks, as well as depending on the watch face, even the destruction of the entire face's appeal.

As a result I tried to stay away from the really fancy faces and stick with those that only lost the 5, 6, & 7, and the minute marks in between. I also kept to the darker faces since they used less power and they helped hide the black flat tire.

I haven't yet seen a Gen 2 Moto 360 so I can't say how much worse or better the flat tire is now. I just haven't felt the need to go and look.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
watch.png

Yeah... The flat tire is the only feature I'd trade my Gen2 360 for, but all in all it never annoyed me that much.
I'm actually immensely happy with my watch after almost a year. If anyone is on the fence I'd recommend jumping on the deal.

If anyone was curious, my 360 is the 46mm knurled crown black/black with a StrapCode Superengineer II band. It's weird how many questions I get about it, and it's also weird how many people ask if it's an Apple watch or a Samsung watch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
watch.png

Yeah... The flat tire is the only feature I'd trade my Gen2 360 for, but all in all it never annoyed me that much.
I'm actually immensely happy with my watch after almost a year. If anyone is on the fence I'd recommend jumping on the deal.

If anyone was curious, my 360 is the 46mm knurled crown black/black with a StrapCode Superengineer II band. It's weird how many questions I get about it, and it's also weird how many people ask if it's an Apple watch or a Samsung watch.
Apple makes a smartwatch?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
According to the first thread about this deal, the offer is only good through tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions. :)

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Seriously, if you're on the fence about a smartwatch you might as well get this one. You'd be paying $150-$190 for, pretty much, the best smartwatch currently available. If you pay that much for a smartwatch later it'll be for a watch with a lesser build and won't be a true metric of what a smartwatch can offer.

If you're going to test the waters you'd be better off testing the best waters for a third of the price. Rather than mediocre waters at full price.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, if you're on the fence about a smartwatch you might as well get this one. You'd be paying $150-$190 for, pretty much, the best smartwatch currently available. If you pay that much for a smartwatch later it'll be for a watch with a lesser build and won't be a true metric of what a smartwatch can offer.

If you're going to test the waters you'd be better off testing the best waters for a third of the price. Rather than mediocre waters at full price.
Is the 360 v2 Android Wear 2.0 capable?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That's as much of a future game changer for it as the original version having a non used Wi-Fi radio onboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's as much of a future game changer for it as the original version having a non used Wi-Fi radio onboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

I can't confirm that it will get AW 2.0; I have read that it will and that it will not on various sites. I have also read that the standard 360 Gen 2 will get it but the Sport will not. I take all of those "expert sites" with a large grain of salt until I see it for myself or see it written from Motorola that a specific watch will not get the update. From everything that I have read, both 360 Gen 2 versions are definitely capable of running AW 2.0; so there is no "good" reason they will not get it. :D

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't confirm that it will get AW 2.0; I have read that it will and that it will not on various sites. I have also read that the standard 360 Gen 2 will get it but the Sport will not. I take all of those "expert sites" with a large grain of salt until I see it for myself or see it written from Motorola that a specific watch will not get the update. From everything that I have read, both 360 Gen 2 versions are definitely capable of running AW 2.0; so there is no "good" reason they will not get it. :D
A physical button is the only reason I've read for why some will get it and others not. To me a simple software addition to could remedy that, a gesture instead of a button press but that's another topic so I'll digress there. The deal listed in the op sounds exactly like what I'd go for if I was on the fence about a smartwatch. I've had good luck with every refurb device I've ever gotten that wasn't an Assurion phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><