Does anyone else miss..?

AceDROID

Reaction score
Theming? My Verizon smartphone tree went from D1->TB->D4.

On my Droid 1, I was ALWAYS putting new themes onto it. I couldn't help but to. I loved having the interface looking different than what everyone else had. It was one of the best things about being rooted, in my opinion, other than running roms, which in many cases had different skins.

When I had my TB, I was happy enough to have 4G to not worry about theming and romming, although I did root to remove the tons of bloatware HTC decided to try and force down our throats.

Now, I have the Droid 4. And I am well aware that development, as hard as it is, is pretty much very limited. I know we all just got ICS, and everyone is looking forward to either Jellybean or KLP, but has theming a stock rom completely gone out the window? I mean, I'm on what was the leaked version of ICS that became the OTA, so I may be out of any kind of loop, but I was more or less just curious as to see if I'm alone in this boat, or if there are others like me. I tried searching but nothing really came up for the D4 other than whatever roms are out there, but I figured maybe starting a new threat might bring some more voices out.

I really miss making my Droid, REALLY, my Droid. Any help, or pointing in the right direction, or anything, would be fantastic. If I'm just a dreamer, than that's okay too.. I know more people are focused on Battery life and stuff like that to really concentrate on the aesthetics of the device. Hopefully I'm not alone.

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
There is an app called ROM Toolbox that allows you to edit colors, fonts, notification icons, boot animations and the like. I haven't use all of the options, but I can verify that colors and fonts do work on the D4. Enjoy ;)

OP
AceDROID

AceDROID

Reaction score
See, I have that, but unfortunately it doesn't do what I want it to do. I'm talking about full on themes.. ones you can install over roms/stock.. kinda how metamorph used to do. Haha

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kwyrt

Reaction score
I don't think you can (or want) to apply a theme to your stock ROM. I see bad things happening there. I would suggest installing Safestrap 3.05 and then installing AOKP, CM10, or CNA to a ROM slot. All three of those ROMS include theme chooser support which I think is more what you're looking for. There is an excellent thread on XDA with a TON of theme chooser themes that should be compatible with any of those ROMs. The thread is updated quite often as well. I have tried quite a few out on AOKP. Mixer JB is my favorite so far. Official MEGA CM10 Theme Chooser Thread [452 THEMES] [UPDATED 11/5/12] - xda-developers

OP
AceDROID

AceDROID

Reaction score
See, I'm happy with the way ics runs. Which is why I do want to just theme it. I mean, on my d1 I used to run bugless beast, and even chevyno1 rom, and whatever.. I don't have safestrap on my phone now. Guess I should look into it. If I tear down a rom to theme it, installing should be fairly simple like the old days right?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2