Docs on Tablets

aggiechase37

Reaction score
So I went into Best Buy the other day to see if I could play with the Xoom. I noticed that Google Docs, in full desktop mode, didn't seem to work very well at all. I exclusively use Google Docs for my business. I was loving the idea of being able to turn my clinicians loose with tablets armed with Google Docs, but if Google Docs doesn't work I can't really do that. Anyone who has a Xoom can verify this? I know the mobile version works, but I really need the full desktop version.

Also, I have Documents to Go on my Droid. How does that work on Xoom? Are paid apps device specific or account specific? I definitely don't want to get into a situation where I have to pay over and over every time I get a new device...

kkinderen

Reaction score
I just installed D2G 3.0 on the Xoom. It seems to work fairly well including being able to open/edit/save docs with Google Docs. When saving to Google Docs, D2G FC's often but it seems the docs get saved properly.

I have not been able to figure out how to do desktop sync yet. I'm getting the feeling it can't be done. I think D2G expects to sync with the desktop using MSC mode but my Xoom seems to only connect in MTP mode.