Docking Question w/ JRummy ROMs

monolithic

Reaction score
I love JRummy's ROMs. The Cyan themed ROMs are in my opinion, the best-looking out right now.

However, there is a big issue that I cannot seem to find the answer for.

I have the Motorola Multimedia dock and I would like the clock to be displayed all of the time. I do not want the phone's display to "go to sleep" or dim down, etc.

There is in an option in Applications -> Development to keep the phone's display on while it's docked. This doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to keep my phone's display turned on while it's in the Motorola Dock, using JRummy's ROMs?

Right now, I've switched back to Bugless Beast 1.1 because this issue bothers me so much.

Would appreciate any help.

M.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Doesn't it stay on by default? It might dim but i believe mine always stays on unless i turn it off

OP
monolithic

monolithic

Reaction score
Doesn't it stay on by default? It might dim but i believe mine always stays on unless i turn it off

After awhile, it will go from the full-screen clock/multimedia display view (with the icons for music, photo gallery, alarm and home) to a dim view with just the clock numbers.

I want it to stay bright and active on the default multimedia dock display all of the time and not dim or time-out.

M.

Thunder_PC

Reaction score
That behavior is not exclusive to JRummy's ROM. It is the way it works in froyo (or at least every froyo ROM I Have tried).

OP
monolithic

monolithic

Reaction score
That behavior is not exclusive to JRummy's ROM. It is the way it works in froyo (or at least every froyo ROM I Have tried).

This behavior happened in JRummy's 2.1 ROMs as well. It's not limited to Froyo ROMs.

I love his ROMs and think they're the best-looking ROMs out there, but this thing drives me nuts. I'd like to have my default Clock display on the screen whenever my Droid is in the Motorola Dock. I don't want it to revert to a cyan-colored clock/night-time mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M.

Thunder_PC

Reaction score

This behavior happened in JRummy's 2.1 ROMs as well. It's not limited to Froyo ROMs.

I love his ROMs and think they're the best-looking ROMs out there, but this thing drives me nuts. I'd like to have my default Clock display on the screen whenever my Droid is in the Motorola Dock. I don't want it to revert to a cyan-colored clock/night-time mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M.

You will have to find a way to uninstall the multimedia dock application and install an older version. If it did it in his 2.1 version, it is because he ported over the newer dock app.

DroidDoc

Reaction score
Don't know specifically but I think I saw an app for that once in the Market.

Also in Kang 1.1 that clock screensaver screen also is back to green for me with the cyan ROM, anyone know a way to get it back to cyan color as was in v0.8 or might of been 0.7
Thanks