Docking issues with case. I removed insert and still issues. Anyone else struggling??

Tloc107

Reaction score
However I am having some issues with a couple things. I bought the hdmi dock, wireless keyboard and mouse, standard dock and also car dock. I have a case on phone and docks dont work real good with case because the distance between case and dock makes it hard for the plugs to reach so they will read properly etc. So I have been using without case and all works fine and figured most out. This is on the hdmi dock mainly. Standard dock seems to work ok when I push down on it. Hdmi dock doesn't work at all with case and niether does car dock. Car dock doesnt even read the magnets. Thanks for any help and input.

txrover

Reaction score
HD & Car dock ( and I assume std dock too) have an insert that you can remove to allow for the case - assuming you don't have some non-std case.

My HD dock works great with the case - fits fine, no issues.

My car dock on the other hand does NOT work properly - nor fit - with the std verizon case/belt clip that I bought with the phone. I gave up on it for the car - which I don't use very often anyway. Good news is that this particular case (compared to my old D1 droid) comes off really quickly & easily, so for infrequent car use, it's not really a big deal to me.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the case? Thanks

txrover

Reaction score
Set Your Location <-- link seems to work, even tho description seems odd. VZW wanting to know where you are.

Shell/Holster combo. Shell snaps on easily, has the kickstand thing. It's std for the Extended battery - which I ended up getting, since the shell was already thick to accommodate it...

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Being case is thicker to allow bigger or extra battery doesn't that mean it is wider? So won't the be tough to use with the dock or do you just snap off case and use phone without dock each time etc? I am going to Verizon tonight after work and exchange my fat case and return car dock. I don't even like the car dock seems pretty useless for what you pay. Thanks