Dock malfunction?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i'm not electrical expert but it seems like that is the issue. Your unit is like plugging in an aftermarket charger which makes your phone go haywire. Trade in that dock.

In theory it isn't an aftermarket charger since OP said he is using the charger that came with the Droid... but it sure is acting like it is.

The fact that it works when you "press" it more securely in the dock tells me... you got a bum dock and it is not connecting correctly. Return it for a new dock.

Sorry for bad wording, but i meant his OEM Dock is acting like an aftermarket charger making his Droid go crazy. My guess is some bad wiring within that Dock unit.

edit: nevermind bad cable. get that cable replaced! I wonder if my cable that came with the dock does that...I use the cable that came with the phone wallcharger.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew what you meant, but it really wasn't clear, and I tried to just head off the "but it isn't an aftermarket charger" argument.

Slothead

Reaction score
Thanks guys. While I doubt I'll have the same problem with mine, I will watch out for it and know that I can exchange the cable at the Verizon store.

bsimech

Reaction score
did any of you use a "shell-holster combo" with the dock

I see that you are using the docking station; and I'd like to purchase one myself. I have the Droid "shell/holster Combo" cover on my droid; which puts that rubbery plastic type lip around the screen and fully across the back of the Droid. Do you guys know if the Droid will still fit in the media dock with the shell still on the phone???? It would be a pain to remove it everytime.

thanks for your advice.......