Dock always pops into Desk Clock app

Jon K

Reaction score
And I hate it! I dock my phone at my desk I use an apple BT keyboard and a MS BT mouse to make a little mini laptop computer out of my S3 and I love the ability to do that. BUT, if I hit the home button or back button or whatever it dumps me into the Dock Clock app which is like a stupid docked view of my phone... it has different app buttons and such and I generally hate it.

Is there a way to disable this?!?!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't have a dock, so I can't try it out for myself, but try going to Settings -> Dock ->uncheck Desk homescreen display. Based upon the description of that option, that might take care of it.

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
Yeah I do have that unchecked, and still it pops back into that stupid clock dock thing. Grrr. Going to restart the phone and see what happens.

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
Alrighty - I set that check box to unchecked, powered off the phone and turned it back on... so far no silly dock clock.

Here is another question. Is it possible to have the screen not lock b ut only in dock mode?

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
Spoke too soon - came back to my desk and hit the home button on the phone with it in the dock and it loaded the stupid desk clock screen. Went into settings and the option is still turned off. GRRRR.

turdbogls

Reaction score
any new info on this man? got a friend that wants this, or just wants to be able to get Text messages or Gmail notifications while in the "dark" clock mode.

dmxoneIuv

Reaction score
Solved

This is on the JellyBean 4.1 leak (stock rooted) but probably everyone might be updated to this now thru OTA update, not sure
  • either WHILE its docked and the desk clock dock app comes up, hit your menu button and settings
  • OR
  • go to your normal phone settings, there should be a setting for Accessory all the way down under the System section
  • then i only have Dock Sound checked, i unchecked Desk home screen display
This brings me to my normal home screen/lock screen and just makes the docking/undocking sound
hope that helps