Do you have a Starbucks addiction?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

most-popular-starbucks-orders.jpg

Once a day everyday and sometime multiple times a day some people love their Starbucks. They can not start the day with out their morning dessert in a cup of coffee. Between the loads of caffeine and sugar they are ready to take on the day full steam ahead.....or until they crash from the sugar. But despite all the sugar in that Starbucks cup people can not get enough of it. Is it addiction, love for the produce, or a need to start the day?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way, I was asked to leave when I asked for green tea without any sugar or sweetener. Actually I am exaggerating a little. I went in and asked for their green tea without any sugar and the guy says all their flavoring are syrups that they pour in a cup and add either water or coffee. So that location did not have just green tea they had green tea syrup.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Used to be a fan of Starbucks, until I started brewing my own with my Keurig single serve coffee system. Starbucks is overpriced (Which we all know) but you don't realize the burnt taste until you've had a really good cup elsewhere. (Though I do like their scones & coffee cake) I've been using a Keurig coffee maker both at home and the office for the past 5 years and it's one of the best investments I've ever made, if you're a coffee lover like I am.
Others will swear by their French press makers, and while I agree with them to a certain extent, when you're on the go and don't have much time in the mornings, you can't beat a Keurig machine. It makes anything from mocha cappuccinos, to Chai Tea and everything in between. (Plus they have kits to make & use your own fresh ground beans) You get the perfect cup of coffee everytime, for a fraction of the price.

Edit: Sorry for all the typos...Swype is killing me lately!

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not really a coffee drinker at all. My caffeine intake is one pop (non-diet) a day on average. On the rare occasion that I DO have coffee, I enjoy Starbucks and other flavored coffees. I can/have/do drink it with just sugar and milk, but I prefer something with more flavor.

Last coffee I had was from Starbucks, actually. We got a coupon when we were doing our wedding registry at Target and they've got a Starbucks right in there, so we decided to take a break and get some coffee about halfway through. That store is over an hour away from our house though, and there's no Starbucks in town. I do enjoy their bottled Frappucino (sp?) drink from time to time as well. Again, lots of sugar and flavor.

My brother-in-law is "addicted" to Starbucks coffee. I'm still not quite sure how he managed while they were up here for the wedding, except that we have a couple of local-owned drive-thru coffee places with very flavorful drinks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Green Tea syrup added to hot water? That's crazy! I will have to let my sister-in-law know that, she swears by their "real tea".

I rarely buy Starbucks (maybe if I am traveling and that's the only thing in the airport), and I am an avid coffee drinker. It's way too expensive in my opinion. I agree 100% with @cr6 I love my Keurig machine, it makes awesome coffee and costs me about .35 cents a cup. On weekends I use the trusty old stainless steel carafe style coffee pot and regular store bought coffee or fresh ground beans. I know I drink more coffee than I should & there is no way I am giving Starbucks that kind of money. :cool:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like strong unsweetened tea - I know their black tea is brewed cause I usually have to wait for them to brew it...LOL

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not into anything in my coffee but water and coffee. It's almost impossible to find take out black coffee that doesn't taste of over roasted beans anymore. Like cr6 I prefer my coffee from home but I just use Yuban in a mini Mr Coffee pot when in a hurry or perculated when there's time.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
We get free bucks at work. I'll never pay for it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a Starbucks fan when out. At home, I have a bean to cup machine. I like strong black coffee and espresso.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The one thing I wish they served was more regular coffee varieties. They have every flavor under the sun, but if you walk in and ask for a regular coffee, they look at you like you came from another planet. Though that could be completely unrelated! (hey, I was tired that day!)
I prefer a medium roast and it seems like all they serve is extra bold.
I don't need a colon cleanse with my morning coffee. LOL

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The one thing I wish they served was more regular coffee varieties. They have every flavor under the sun, but if you walk in and ask for a regular coffee, they look at you like you came from another planet. Though that could be completely unrelated! (hey, I was tired that day!)
I prefer a medium roast and it seems like all they serve is extra bold.
I don't need a colon cleanse with my morning coffee. LOL

S5 tap'n
You need to ask for the Drip Coffee of the Day. I think it's just what your looking for..