Do not use the Storm Charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using the original Verizon Storm charger with my droid and notice as I was putting in a contact or selecting a pic, that it will be harder to select it even with my finger right on it. I also notice that sometimes the phone will scroll down for no reason. I notice this before but I never put two and two together until now. I have tested this, an I can duplicate this every time when using the Storm charger, does not have these issue when using the droid charger. Trying to give everybody a heads up. Now just got to find a longer usb cord for the droid charger.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Also, I'm pretty sure the power rating on the Storms charger is lower than the one for the Droid. Should always compare the charger ratings before using them on other devices. Just because the plug fits, doesn't always mean it'll work or won't damage the equipment.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have been using the original Verizon Storm charger with my droid and notice as I was putting in a contact or selecting a pic, that it will be harder to select it even with my finger right on it. I also notice that sometimes the phone will scroll down for no reason. I notice this before but I never put two and two together until now. I have tested this, an I can duplicate this every time when using the Storm charger, does not have these issue when using the droid charger. Trying to give everybody a heads up. Now just got to find a longer usb cord for the droid charger.

Known issue when using the Droid and charging with "other" chargers....

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I was posting this because most were saying that they were using the Verizon Storm without problems, but these issues were not noticeable at first. Wanted to give a heads up to users so they wouldn't continue to use it and possibly damage their phones.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
There is this general feeling that "if it plugs in, it's OK to use". This is definitely not the case. Numerous people have tried their chargers from other cell phones/GPS devices/cameras/etc with the Droid and while it may "work" in that it doesn't immediately produce smoke it's not the right charger for the Droid in the long run. Why take a chance with such an expensive (and cool!) device?

korp

Reaction score
Agreed when it comes with a charger there is no point not to use it.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
"Just Say No".

Damn, whoever White House marketing genius came up with that should be earning a $.01 for every time it's used. LOL

- Mega

FireDroid

Reaction score
I am using and LG Evtouch which matches power output and it works fine.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using the BB car charger with no issue.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also FWIW I used a s1 charger from the beginning and have 0 issues...its still at my desk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Storm charger since day one, I know what the O.P. is referring to, but I hardly think it's causing problems for the Droid. I also use the Storm car charger, which when you purchase it at the VZW store even mentions several phones it is compatible with. I'm not so sure that even though the voltage might be slightly different that it's having any adverse effects on the Droid.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Storm charger since day one, I know what the O.P. is referring to, but I hardly think it's causing problems for the Droid. I also use the Storm car charger, which when you purchase it at the VZW store even mentions several phones it is compatible with. I'm not so sure that even though the voltage might be slightly different that it's having any adverse effects on the Droid.

If it is it isn't affecting the 2 Droids here :icon_ banana:. Since I want to keep my cable connected at my home PC. I needed a way to charge at work

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also FWIW I used a s1 charger from the beginning and have 0 issues...its still at my desk

I have the same charger. It subtle, try and select contacts or if you have the gallery from 2.1 try selecting pics and putting check marks on each, then do it with the droid charger. You will see its much easier to select items . That's when its noticeable. Its a little hard to describe but this happens on my friend's droid also, he didn't notice it ether, I had to show him what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.