Charging using LG plug

angelman

Reaction score
Since the Droid just uses a standard USB connector and USB outputs a pretty standard output level I would imagine that anything with a usb socket on it will charge the droid. I have plugged the droid into my computer, my laptop, a car-USB (for iphone) adaptor and they all charge fine. I have bought a bunch of different cable from monoprice (1 10ft cable and some small cables to connect to the pc) and they all work fine.
Anywhere you find a usb output should charge the droid. I think the wall output though will probably charge it the fastest. I have even plugged it into the usb input on my car stereo and charged it just fine (too bad it cant read the mp3s on the droid since the droid is not plug and play and requires a driver it seems).

Thats good, Im glad I can still use it. The Verizon rep in the store told me itd be fine but I just wanted to make sure. Didnt want to have a Rogue Droid on my hands. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as the MicroUSB puts out more than the need 854mv or whatever it needs. It was recommended to make sure the charger you're using handles 1000mv as the DROID will have all the power it needs.... it only draws what's required.