Do I need to backup my nand if I only root it?

RKramden

Reaction score
What is the best backup app to run in order to back up your phone after root? or is there a better way to back up the phone after root rather than using an app?

IMO DroidXBootstrapper is the best way to back up your X. Just install, then choose bootstrap recovery...click OK, then reboot recovery. The phone will restart and give you a green menu list. use the volume up/down keys to choose backup/restore then choose backup. You select the menu items using the camera button (full press).

It will backup your entire phone which then gives you the safety of being able to play with roms, knowing you have a way to get the phone back to an operating state if something goes wrong.

My advice is, when you create backups, rename the file to something that will remind you of what that backup is. *remember there can be NO spaces in names...you'll get an MD5 checksum error if there is spaces*

SmaugDragon

Reaction score
I for one just want to root so I can us Orbot and to remove some bloatware

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

RKramden

Reaction score
I'd still make a back-up just in case...and when you remove bloatware, don't actually remove it, just re-name it...this way, when you need to do an OTA update (over the air), you can just rename the bloatware back to the original and then the update will work correctly. A more easy solution is the get Titanium Backup Pro and FREEZE the bloatware. Then you can unfreeze it for updates.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Be rude I don't care but I'm not retarded. I didn't imagine the stock launcher swiping between screens without stutter or that quadrant number being 2x the unrooted total.

Quadrant isnt accurate and often fluctuates tons on the same phone with the same exact settings. Getting root doesn't actually do anything to alter the way your phone runs, it just gives you more access to things. Sometimes my phone runs super fast, other times it lags a bit. Any sort of performance increase you saw by just rooting and doing nothing else were not caused by the rooting. Thats just fact, but I don't think anyone was rude here

arabstar1982

Reaction score
IMO DroidXBootstrapper is the best way to back up your X. Just install, then choose bootstrap recovery...click OK, then reboot recovery. The phone will restart and give you a green menu list. use the volume up/down keys to choose backup/restore then choose backup. You select the menu items using the camera button (full press).

Thanks a lot, your post was very helpful!!!!