Do I Have have to wipe data to install add ons?

jkidd16

Reaction score
Am I supposed to wipe cache + data for every thing I install from Fission rom manager such as addons and themes or only when I first start fission? Do I have to wipe my cache if I want to download addons such as "Launcher Pro Gingerbread Theme"? Cuz it would be annoying having to do this everytime I want to install a little thing and not a full on theme? Can someone please tell me when I'm supposed to wipe cache and data and when I dont have to?

bookie

Reaction score
Nope. Generally you only have to when installing a new rom and sometimes it's necessary to fix bugginess (sure that's a word lol)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
jkidd16

jkidd16

Reaction score
So for example, if I want to change my Gingerbread theme and install third eye theme I would have to wipe cache and data but not when installing addons?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

bookie

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to wipe at all unless you're completely changing roms

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
jkidd16

jkidd16

Reaction score
So I dont have to wipe data if im installing things from Fission ROM? I only needed to wipe data the first time I used Fission ROM?

Reaction score
I am confused as to what to do once the add ons are on my sd card. I downloaded the gingerbread theme and when I go into astro all I can find are a bunch of different folders.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pyro6128

Reaction score
click on it in frm, and move it to the install queue, then go into the install queue and install it