Do Google / Motorola watch these forums?

mapexvenus

Reaction score
It seems like there are a plethora of issues that are being discussed - I wonder if Google and Motorola are listening in. I hope they are taking notes.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
officially, i doubt it. But unofficially, i'd bet there are a few of them that check in on this site as well as some of the various other ones.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
they always have scouts to see whats going on with the various communities..

now wether or not they come here? its a possibility

J.P.

Reaction score
probably. especially forums that are catered to the droid and verizon

BigTex71

Reaction score
But if you want issues to be resolved, it would be best to log in to the support forums for Motorola and/or Google and air your concerns. I wouldn't rely on these boards to be an official bug reporting tool.

DarkGT

Reaction score
I am a quality engineer for a major technology company (not telcom related) and we do pay attention to the forums especially just after product releases. We do extensive testing however nothing compares to the testing that 100,000 people do in the first 2 hours of ownership of a new device. Early adopter types are often times very techie and we do look at their responses much more closely than the "this thing sucks" posts... Our PR guidelines prevent me from saying too much on those forums but we do read them. I can't beleive that any other major player would pass up on the feedback opportunity, even if it is in an unofficial capacity.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes they do look at forums, as already stated, it may not be this one they look at but they do look at them.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
They would be foolish not to look at Droid related forums. I bet they have a dedicated team, scouring the forums for just what we all are seeing here. Just look at all the Droid owners/testers they have out here now. And what we are all doing, putting these Droids through their paces. Hell, we are even troubleshooting these for them too. :p

Reaction score
Basically free product research for them, it wouldnt make sense for them to not check out the forums. I cant speak for everybody, but anytime I want to know how to do something with a tech gadget that I have, I look to the online forum for that device before I ever consider going to the company's site.

reggin

Reaction score
Basically free product research for them, it wouldnt make sense for them to not check out the forums. I cant speak for everybody, but anytime I want to know how to do something with a tech gadget that I have, I look to the online forum for that device before I ever consider going to the company's site.

That is a great point. I do the same and not just for tech gadgets, but anything I have a question about. No one knows everything.

appirishmen

Reaction score

well i wouldnt say free. we do have to buy the phones to test them. :wink::)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Like another DROID brother, I work in the high-tech industry and you can bet your bottom dollar all of the companies I have worked / am working for browse boards. We collect all kind of feedback (good & bad), and of course, escalate bugs or features people are screaming for.

- Mega