DLNA Problem

cmjk1976

Reaction score
I just recently set up DLNA on my Droid X and am having 2 problems.

1) I can not copy files to my computer, but I can copy files from my computer. When I go to Copy media to server>Picture>All Pictures>Select a picture>Select my PC I get the following error Copy to media server is not supported by remote server.

2) I can not play video files on my Droid X from my computer, I go to Play Media>Choose my PC>Videos>All Videos>Choose the video I want to play>Play on phone, I get the following error: The media file cannot be played.

Any ideas on what could be causing these errors? I can play music on my computer thru my phone, copy pics and music to my phone from my computer but can't do these tasks. I have looked online for the proper setup and have followed the recommended instructions for setting up my phone but have not seen much on how to set up my PC properly.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

cybersmoker

Reaction score
I am assuming you are running windows 7.
Start > control panel> under network and internet select network status and tasks
On the top left about 3 down says change advanced sharing settings
Make sure media streaming is on which it is by default and click the link that says choose media streaming options
Select your device in the list (my mb680 displays as unknown device) and select allowed from the dropdown list.
Click ok and try again on your device.