Divx/Xvid Playback?

jamsesh

Reaction score
Couldn't find any apps in market or by googling. Anyone able to accomplish this?

have you tried yxflash? it supposedly plays divx/xvid... but havent had a chance to test it out yet

Found some feedback on yxflash for Android:

"I was excited to see a video player for android that will play movies encoded in xvid codec format. Sadly, although it has played all the xvid videos I have tried, the playback is jerky and the audio gets out of synch. I'm really hoping the can improve this."

yxflash Player (Android) 1.0.8 user reviews - Softpedia

I am going to try the latest version though.

I use doubletwist to convert them and put them on the phone. I queue all the videos I want on it up before I go to bed and when I wake up they are all done.

Only problem is when i watch them on the droid the audio and video get slightly out of sync sometimes.

Why convert?

I was trying to play straight up DivX files. Which are AVIs just encoded with the DivX codec. Rather than converting them, wouldn't there be some way to just install a codec? I think it would be more efficient if the codec were made available from DivX or a third party developer. Instead of having to download a specific media player to view my movies.

I just gave playing a DivX formatted movie a shot, got maybe about two and a half seconds into it, and got denied. My screen simply went back to Asto File Manager, which is the app I was using to get to the folder where I stored the movie. It seems that the droid would be capable of such playback, given the processor's power and the battery isn't too shabby for said device.

I'm actually very determined to find a way to get some sort of playback.

I will keep everyone posted on my quest.:)

Update

Just tried the yxFlash Player. This player was utter garbage in my opinion. My peers also had a similar response with this player. Not very good playback for Motorola Droid or Droid Eris. I think that this application most definately is not worth purchasing. It also asks for permissions to access Phone Calls. Kind of shady if I do say so myself. :icon_evil:

If anyone comes up with any ideas, keep me informed. I am continuing on for a resolution.

I use doubletwist to convert them and put them on the phone. I queue all the videos I want on it up before I go to bed and when I wake up they are all done.

Only problem is when i watch them on the droid the audio and video get slightly out of sync sometimes.

Thanks for the Doubletwist suggestion. I had a pesky AVI that wouldn't convert with other programs.

Thanx for the tip guys, I had been using dvd catalyst until now(which works just fine) but with this there is no formatting and no waiting, just put the movie on ur device and play. great app!

Taegost, try ebay. If you're patient and a bit lucky you can get one for about $35-40. If not you can bin for about $50.

im having some issues with flash and divx, some sites like cbs.com which shows two and a half men,the video shows white space, and some sites like movie2k.com the videos show the flash icon with a 9 next to it and wont play,,,anyone know whats up? youtube videos play fine, just some sites the divx and flash videos wont play !!!

This threads ancient, you'd probably have better luck starting your own thread. I have also seen the "white block" sometimes when trying to play videos, but haven't found a fix yet, besides it clears up between ROM flashes.

Back