Dissappearing emails

leatherneck

Reaction score
My emails dissappear after a couple of days. I have selected to delete them from the server when I delete them from my inbox but the are being deleted from my inbox without any action on my part. Is there a setting to keep the email on my Droid until I delete it?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that there are settings in Gmail that delete mail after so long....not sure how you can change it but thats probably whats happening

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My emails dissappear after a couple of days. I have selected to delete them from the server when I delete them from my inbox but the are being deleted from my inbox without any action on my part. Is there a setting to keep the email on my Droid until I delete it?

Can I ask how you get your email? Is it strictly through a gmail account, do you have it forwarded to gmail? How have you got it set up?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait , after I checked this I believe I'm wrong about that setting I mentioned...I think I am thinking of Handcent SMS having that option to delete every so often.....In Gmail, did you check your labels to see if your mail was in Trash or Spam or something?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that there are settings in Gmail that delete mail after so long....not sure how you can change it but thats probably whats happening

To the best of my knowledge gmail is only deleted if you trash it. If you just leave it on the server there is no time limit for it to sit there.

Now after you delete the email it goes into a trash bin then after a certain amount of time it's deleted from there. And any email you send out a copy is kept in sent mail and all mail.

You are allotted only so much space on the server, 7,420mb to be exact so you'd have to have an excessive amount of mail before it's deleted.

Edit: Oops, sorry natediddy, didn't see you retracted your post.

OP
L

leatherneck

Reaction score
I have POP mail downloaded from 3 accounts to both my desktop and to my Droid. They stay put on my desktop. Droid setting is to "Delete mail from server when I delete from inbox" but I don't see any other settings on the Droid that specify how long to keep the email. I've only had 5-6 emails in any one account when they automatically get dumped to the Trash folder.