POP3 email

dannys22

Reaction score
I have setup my POP3 email accounts and can receive and send email messages with any problems on all 3. I also have the gamil account without problems. However in the POP3 accounts, after I receive the messages and check them the next day, the old messages are gone. I check the folders and they are not in trash, sent, draft or the inbox. I've looked in the account settings but don't see any options for retaining the messages. The setting is also to NEVER delete the messages from the sever. Any ideas as to why or where they go after some time?
tHANKS
dANNY

Statman

Reaction score
Do you have another device (like a computer) going and getting the email as well? Is that device deleting the emails from the server?

and the others can go here

Last edited:

visitgrayling

Reaction score
POP3 email accounts

I'm a one-person office. So, yes, email gets deleted off the server when I am in the office, but I want to get my email when I can't be in the office.

OP
D

dannys22

Reaction score
I've got the accounts setup from the "email" function. They are setup for POP3 and to NEVER delete from the sever. On my home computer I use Outlook 2002 to catch my emails and THEN delete them from the sever. I don't have a problem with them staying the POP sever, it is just after a few days they disappear on DROID.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Geez, I'll say it again here, I never see a reason to use POP3 on a mobile device!

Setup your accounts as IMAP, so you may receive, view, choose to delete or not, and then you typically would remove them from the server with your PC based client.

jbirdawg

Reaction score
Geez, I'll say it again here, I never see a reason to use POP3 on a mobile device!

Setup your accounts as IMAP, so you may receive, view, choose to delete or not, and then you typically would remove them from the server with your PC based client.

I don't know the difference in imap and pop3, but know that my business email is an att/yahoo based pop3 account. I set up the same email preferences on my phone so that I could get my email. The email comes in, and sometimes stops coming in, but I can never reply to a message that comes in on that account. I gather there is a google/yahoo conflict that I am trying to overcome. Can I set up that same account in IMAP?

OP
D

dannys22

Reaction score
I don't see how this affects the fact that the emails disappear from the DROID while still on the sever. IMAP allows you to select what you want, however it mostly setups to have only headers delivered to the receiving device, whether or not you want to delete it from the sever. My point is why do the message go off the DROID.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I receive emails on the Droid. They end up in the trash, which inadvertantly gets emptied without me taking any action. They do, howeve, remain on the computer. Thanks in advance for an answer. WolfpackRon.