Display uses soo much power

wink4life

Reaction score
Ok well ive turned off every single option in my display menu settings and i have a black wallpaper and my display still uses 70% battery power do any of you have suggestions and also ive had the galaxy for a week now and why does my batt health meter say that my batt health is only Good.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000M using DroidForums App

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure there's much you can do -- you can lower the brightness.... In a properly working phone, the display is the main battery drain. It's just the name of the game.

What sort of battery life are you getting?

OP
W

wink4life

Reaction score
Right now im on 30 hours medium usage. About a hundred txts a day. About an hour internet.3g always on. Backround sync on. About an hour of music and video. No camera use at all yet. All my diaplay settings are all at the lowest and off. Um yeah my battery meter still shoqs my display at 70 % + and ive had the phone for just over a week and my batery health says its good so im a lil confused with that. Is there anything i should or should have done to condition the battery?

Thanks

Droidfish

Reaction score
To clarify, the display is accounting for 70% of the battery drain since your phone was last on charge, not that your display has used 70% of your entire battery. This will usually be the case just as LtKen has said, there will be few specific instances where the display doesn't account for the majority of your battery drain.

Also just as furbearingmammal stated using a black background won't prolong battery life and some believe it uses slightly more than something lighter.

OP
W

wink4life

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks guys. So now when i had a battery meter on my phone why did it say my batt health was good? And its a brand new phone

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Probably because a new battery would report good health or it wouldn't go out the door? :)

And 30-hours of ANY usage while still having some battery life is pretty darn good for a smart phone.