Dish network sling, and verizon data plan question.

Xshock

Reaction score
This is my first post and wow, their are a lot of post, so I hope this is the right place.

Merry Christmas to me because I got the sling for dish network that cost $99 and I had one concern.

Tv anywhere is awesome on my phone over 3g but it does use a lot of data. I watch 1.5 hours of tv one day and it used 340MB and that was one day. With me using this I know I will go over 5G in no time. Sense the dish app is in the market do you think I will get in trouble through verizon?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Do you have the unlimited data plan? If you do, I wouldn't worry about it to much. If you don't have the unlimited data plan and you do go over your limit, Verizon more than likely will charge you a hefty price.

The best thing to do would be to call Verizon and find out personally. I would also get their statement in an email form only because the reps at Verizon say different things to customers.....not sure why that is.

Good Luck Xshock!

OP
X

Xshock

Reaction score
Thanks

Yea I have the unlimited plan. I don't know where they got their math from but in my work unlimited means unlimited. So do you think if I wifi tether my phone to my iPad I would get in trouble. I just like the screen size.

Beka27

Reaction score
Are you paying for the wifi hotspot? I think the issue might arise if you are tethering thru a rooted phone and if you use an ungodly amount of data, they might catch on. I don't really know how much data that would use tho. Might be more of an issue with gaming.