Disable Password

BGeruntho

Reaction score
Hi...friend was showing me last night how to set up a password at the unlock stage. So, after hitting the button on the top to wake up the phone, I have to trace this shape thing he set up, etc. Anyway, it's annoying and I don't want it. I went into Settings-Location & Secutity and un-checked "use visible pattern". Whatever I un-checked though didn't seem to get rid of the thing. Is there another button I need to uncheck? Under "Screen Unlock" in my settings, neither box is checked ("use visible pattern" or "Use tactile feedback"). I'm sure I'm missing something here...any idea?

OP
B

BGeruntho

Reaction score
Sorry about that....Motorola Droid with 2.2.1. Thanks!

jleeusa

Reaction score
Did you try to reboot after changing the settings?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I have a Droid as well. When you click on Location and Security Settings...click on "Set up screen lock". Once in there, click on "None". See if this helps you.

OP
B

BGeruntho

Reaction score
Don't see an option that says "set up screen lock"...only "change screen lock". Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Settings>Location and Security>Set up screen lock>None.

This is the path that leads you directly to where you want to be. I'm on 2.2.1 on the OG Droid.....should be their on your phone as well.

Let us know your results.

OP
B

BGeruntho

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm sounding thick here, but in Settings>Location & Security>Screen Unlock it only lists "Change Screen Lock" as an option, not "set-up". If I go into that "change screen lock" all I get is a new set of dots to connect to make a new one. Can't find anything that says "Set Up Screen Lock" to get the "none" option.

Kivette

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm sounding thick here, but in Settings>Location & Security>Screen Unlock it only lists "Change Screen Lock" as an option, not "set-up". If I go into that "change screen lock" all I get is a new set of dots to connect to make a new one. Can't find anything that says "Set Up Screen Lock" to get the "none" option.

Hi - not sure if you found the answer yet. But I literally just went through the same thing. What you need to do once you go on this screen is actually put in your current dots password (or whatever its called) - this isn't to enter a new passcode. Once you enter that, it will take you to a screen that gives you a few options, including the one to 'disable screen lock security'. I hope this helps.