Disable Headset control for Stock Music Player

mike770

Reaction score
I have purchased PowerAmp (great music player BTW) and would like to use the headset controls but when I use the headset control to pause, the stock music starts playing. So I have two songs playing at the same time playing through my headset.

Is there a way to disable headset control with the stock music player? I have search everywhere within my Droid X and I have found nothing.

Forgive me if this has been answered before.

PS. I have just recently upgraded from a Droid1 to the X. I really like the X with the exception of MotoBlur. However, that will be remedied soon enough.
wink.png

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found that I could do this by going from the home screen:

Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running (or All)/Music/Clear Defaults/Clear Cache/Clear Data.

Good luck.:)

OP
mike770

mike770

Reaction score
I have purchased PowerAmp (great music player BTW) and would like to use the headset controls but when I use the headset control to pause, the stock music starts playing. So I have two music streams playing through my headset.

Is there a way to disable headset control with the stock music player? I have searched everywhere within my Droid X and I have found nothing.

Forgive me if this has been answered before.

PS. I have just recently upgraded from a Droid1 to the X. I really like the X with the exception of MotoBlur. However, that will be remedied soon enough.

OP
mike770

mike770

Reaction score
I guess there is nothing I can do.

Thanks anyway.