Disable cell radio on D1

droid.user

Reaction score
I have an extra D1 that im going to let my daughter mess with for movies or roms or whatever she wants. Is there a way to disable the cell radio permanetly to save battery life. I know you can set airplane mode then turn wifi on, but id like it off and boot to avoid those steps everytime.
I have tasker on the phone but havent figured it out through there yet. Any ideas?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if there's no service on the phone then it can't pick up a cell signal i thought?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i dont' think so, but i'm not sure.

I do know if you go to airplane mode and restart the phone, it will boot to airplane mode.

edit: At least on my Incredible it does...

Last edited:

LT*

Reaction score
I have a D1 and D2 both are left in airplane mode, and switched to wifi when it's needed. They last for days on a charge like this.

googlelover

Reaction score
Putting it into airplane mode will keep the radio in the phone completey turned off the above posters are right, no other way to disable it that I know of, and the airplane mode should stick even after a reboot like they said. So you already solved your own problem =D

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if there's no service on the phone then it can't pick up a cell signal i thought?

even a phone that is not activated must still be able to make emergency calls

if its rooted you can remove the appropriate APK's to prevent it searching for a signal.

i have a rooted D1 that ive cut down to a barebones install so basically it has all functions except those that require a network signal and it lasts for about 2 weeks on a single charge.

still has full market, email, browser ...ETC

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

even a phone that is not activated must still be able to make emergency calls

if its rooted you can remove the appropriate APK's to prevent it searching for a signal.

i have a rooted D1 that ive cut down to a barebones install so basically it has all functions except those that require a network signal and it lasts for about 2 weeks on a single charge.

still has full market, email, browser ...ETC

gotcha. thanks for clearing that up for me.:)

thereegavin

Reaction score
I have a D1 and D2 both are left in airplane mode
seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg

OP
D

droid.user

Reaction score
Garrett

Which apks need to be removed? This phone will not be needed for emergency calls or any network functions