Dirt Specks On Camera

IanG

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I take care of my droid like it's my baby - never throw it, drop it, etc. Okay, I've dropped it once but it took 0 damage.

However I have noticed that within the past week, dirt specks have popped up on all of the pictures I have taken lately. See this picture:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2afkjtl.jpg

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these? I am about 2 weeks out of my 1-year MFG warranty. I was thinking that maybe there is a way I could remove the cover and blow out the dust, but I'm not sure where I would get new parts.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks much

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try blowing some compressed air from behind the battery cover?

i know another poster is on here with the same problem see if you could find their thread

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
I saw a thread posted in September here, but it had 0 replies.

Please let me know if there is anything I can try. I mean I can replace the camera assembly and the plastic pieces that need to be removed, but that's a last resort and I'm having troubles finding the camera assembly online.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the specks are under the outer lens? Have you cleaned the outer lens?

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
Yes, I have cleaned the outer lens multiple times and cannot see the specks (even if they were scratches), even with microfiber cloth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Previous poster, I'm not trying to embarrass you but the OP has a Droid, not an Incredible. The Amazon listing you gave is for the Inc.

Phone_Phan

Reaction score
Sorry, my bad, I thought you were talking about the Droid Incredible! Nevermind.