Directons to get Froyo on milestone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac14

Reaction score
I would like to have directions how to get android 2.2 on a854 motorola milestone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tac14, :welcome: to the Forum. Unfortunately we don't have a lot on the Milestone, but if you are going to ask for assistance this is the place to ask for it. Good luck.

OP
T

tac14

Reaction score
thanks

I hope I can find out something

cnoocher

Reaction score
Im trying to do the same, did you find anything out tac14?

OP
T

tac14

Reaction score
gathering info

Not yet.... Will get back when I Di.

hoppermi

Reaction score
If you have the rebranded droid A854 you can root and put any of the stock or custom roms just like a Droid. You just have to make sure you do not mess with the Baseband as this is what allows your phone to function on its network. I helped someone with an Alltel Milestone and he had no problems except his MMS app didn't have full function(no pics). He was eventually able to extract some files from his original 2.1 rom and get it working. Don't know what they were or how difficult it was, but if you want to try. BACKUP YOUR STOCK ROOTED ROM B4 flashing anything. Make sure that you have a custom recovery by booting into it from power off, once you have custom(sp or clockworkmod)recovery you can always restore your stock rom if anything goes wrong. You can use ROM Manager to help make things a little easier, but make sure you know how to manually backup, restore, install in case there is a problem.

Don't expect a ton of support from people here because nobody wants to screw your phone up, and it's unfamiliar to them. That said there are a few of you out there. There are a couple of threads about the Alltell phone if you search for them.

Best of luck.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
Do a search for GOT (Group of Ten). You can get support there and a version of Froyo. Or wait a month or two for the official releases.

hoppermi

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the GOT rom is for the GSM milestone that is sold outside the US, not the cdma milestone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

clkish1988

Reaction score
I've Done It!!!

hey guys everyone wants to know how to get stock froyo on a alltel milestone well i figured it out....i have the latest build (2.2.1) running on a milestone with MMS and everything....you need a verizon droid a855, a milestone, both rooted and a little time....
1.first backup all apps on the verizon droid with Astro or something similar and factory reset it so its clean for the milestone
2.Download rom manager on both phones
3.on the verizon droid, open rom manager and flash SPrecovery...this is the only way it would work for me
4.boot into sprecovery on the verizon phone
5.go to advanced backup and backup everything...name it what you want
6.back it up!
Now on to the milestone.
7.take the micro sd card out of the verizon droid and put it in the milestone.
8. open the market on the milestone and download APN manager.
9. open APN manager and backup APN on the milestone
10.open Rom manager and flash sprecovery like before and reboot...for some reason my milestone didnt like booting into sprecovery at first if it just goes to stock recovery or bootloader reset and try again...
11.select advanced recovery
12.pick the backup from the verizon droid you saved earlier and pick all options
13.let it do its thing.
14.after a reboot you will be on froyo!
15.download APN manager again and restore the alltel apn backup from earlier
Done!!
you can now put the sd cards into their respective phones....the phone i tried this on has MMS and everything....just letting you guys know how it's done
dancedroid

Status
Not open for further replies.