Local Carrier Milestone A854

Reaction score
Looking for some good advice,

I am a Blackberry user that is about to switch to the android world. My local carrier has the Motorola Milestone A854 and the HTC hero, i like the screen size and slide out keyboard on the Motorola and I like the fact it is Motorola as that is all I had be for the BB. The thing that is concerning me is the reviews about it being the European version and not getting the latest software here in the US to support alot of websites. any truth to this?

Any reason not to get the Motorola Milestone A854?

Thanks for all the input

Online1

Reaction score
Milestone A854 is the same as the Droid. CDMA. So not European. It is the phone I have. I have ACS here in Alaska and have no idea if they plan to put out a update for 2.2. I just rooted it and run a 2.2 Custom rom.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the input I was just afraid I would not get the support I might need. I am not going to use it to its full potential Im sure. But you never know the more I read about these phones and the Android systems the more interested i am, I just hope i am as happy as I am with my BB.

Thanks again

marmarinou

Reaction score
Thanks for the input I was just afraid I would not get the support I might need. I am not going to use it to its full potential Im sure. But you never know the more I read about these phones and the Android systems the more interested i am, I just hope i am as happy as I am with my BB.

Thanks again

As Online1 said, the Milestone in the US is the CDMA version. The Milestone in Europe is the GSM (3G) version. The issues you have read about are US owners using a European Milestone on AT&T or T-Mobile. The CDMA Milestone is intended to be used in the US, so it won't have any issues with the network.